Facilities & Workplace Project Manager - 6 months FTC
The Facilities & Workplace team is looking to recruit a Project Manager to play a key role in supporting strategic business objectives through the management and delivery of cross-cutting projects and continuous improvement.
As a project manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading on department projects/initiatives; producing project plans and/or work streams which make use of resources in an efficient way.
- Work closely with sponsors and other stakeholders to define project requirements, scope and objectives; ensure clear success factors are defined for all activities
- Ensure that risks are carefully considered, documented and mitigated through establishing and monitoring of a robust risk register.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation, coordinate and manage internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Lead on the evaluation strategy for the projects in an agile way to meet the needs of our audience and stakeholders.
- Manage and review costs, work closely with Head of F&W to mitigate risks.
Background / Experience
For you to be successful in your application you will need:
- Strong IT literacy and an ability to use project management methodologies, e.g. Agile, PMP, PRINCE2 (essential)
- Proven experience in project and change management from concept to delivery, including all aspects of process development and execution, and a good understanding of the control environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management processes, strategies and methods.
- Experience of working within a Facilities Management environment with a good working knowledge of Hard and Soft services.
- A good working knowledge of H&S requirements
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with an ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of management and a range of stakeholders.
- Recognised project management programme experience, e.g. Microsoft Project.
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and project management skills with a keen eye for detail. Able to drive execution of objectives despite setbacks.
Additional information about the Project:
- The Wellcome Trust property portfolio includes two key properties based on the Euston Road: office accommodation of 300,000 sq ft for approximately 1,000 staff, plus The Wellcome Collection museum which covers 160,000 sq ft. Both buildings closed on 19 March and they have been maintained since that date by the on-site presence of Security and M&E teams.
- Subject to on-going Government advice and on Wellcome's own assessment of COVID-19 infection levels that could affect the safety of our staff as well as the visiting public, we are planning to open The Wellcome Collection to the public in early October. To support this, we will need to provide office accommodation for approximately 100 staff in the main building with effect from mid-September.
- This role will be responsible for developing flexible plans to meet the changing requirements of the COVID-19 situation to ensure that all necessary arrangements are in place when Wellcome decide to start a broader phased return programme to their properties.
To view the full job description, click here.
Salary: circa 50,000 £
Contract Type: FTC - 6 Months
Advert closing date: 4th of August
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us at .