Factual Fast Track Wales
Factual Fast Track Wales is a trailblazing new training partnership to accelerate the advancement and growth of Welsh factual TV production. Funded by BBC Wales, Channel Four and S4C, it will offer bespoke development opportunities to producers with the potential to become the next generation of business winning talent magnets in Wales.
This reputation building programme will hot house and fast track six talented, creative and established producers to be highly effective series producers, executive producers and development execs. It will inspire confidence and drive up quality, ensuring factual production in Wales goes from strength to strength and continues to flourish.
Factual Fast Track is rooted in Wales. It is committed to raising the profile of Welsh factual TV production talent. You must be working in the unscripted sector in Wales - or committed to working here – to apply. To gain a place on this programme:
- You will have a strong track record in factual production and have at least 3 years' experience in your role across a range of output.
- You will benefit from industry training, production and broadcaster placements, mentoring, one to one support and being part of a cohort of outstanding producers.
- You will be a stand-out programme maker with editorial and creative confidence who is willing to push boundaries and take risks to challenge assumptions.
- You will be an innovative and original thinker who has been instrumental in creating ground-breaking shows loved by both audiences and broadcasters.
- You will be passionate about getting a diverse range of voices onto our screens.
- You will be – or have the potential to be - a strategic leader with the people skills to lead collaborative and creative teams and the resilience to juggle priorities, problems and decisions seamlessly.
FFTW is also an ideal programme to support returners-to-work who have taken time off for caring duties. We will look for diversity of voice and experience. We encourage applications from under-represented groups, including those from BAME (black, Asian or minority ethnic) backgrounds or those with a disability. Whilst the ability to speak Welsh is not mandatory, two placements will be ringfenced for fluent Welsh speakers with excellent Welsh language communication skills and who are committed to working bilingually.
If this opportunity appeals to you, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Do you have at least three years' experience at PD, producer or SP level or as a senior development producer and a minimum of three relevant credits?
- Do you work in one or more of the following genres: factual, specialist factual, factual entertainment or development and are committed to working in Wales?
- Are you able to start this training programme commencing early in 2020 and be released for approximately 6 days training across the year?
Interviews will be held in early February 2020.
Please ensure that you do not apply for this post via the Channel 4 Jobs website. THIS IS NOT A CHANNEL 4 VACANCY.