This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
At Heathrow we value the health and safety (H&S) of our colleagues, passengers, and neighbours above all else. Our focus on fire, health and safety (FHS) is not just the right thing to do, it is the foundation of an efficient operation, a secure airport and a sustainable business. Covering everything from occupational health through to fire and workplace H&S, this can be a high-risk environment and it’s down to us to help manage those risks.
The Fire, Health and Safety Team at Heathrow is growing and strengthening, and we now have vacancies for three Fire, Health and Safety Advisers. The roles will report to members of Heathrow’s FHS Leadership Team and be part of a growing community of FHS professionals at Heathrow.
- Supporting your business area to effectively manage their risks, understand their culture and performance and continuously improve their safety performance.
- Developing effective professional relationships with a variety of stakeholders including operational safety leads, Trade Union H&S Representatives, and the wider FHS Team.
- Ensuring your business area understands Heathrow’s standards in respect to working conditions, equipment and welfare arrangements and is compliant with them
- Conducting audits and assurance checks within the business
- Supporting effective FHS governance, including attendance at Trade Union Safety Forums.
We're Looking for People Who Have:
- Health & Safety experience, ideally gained in a 24/7, high-volume footfall environment in a sector like oil and gas, steel, construction, transport, utilities or manufacturing
- Experience in either Engineering, Security or Baggage or similar
- Good communication and influencing skills, including effective stakeholder management within a complex, unionised environment.
- A good understanding of continuous improvement processes or project management processes
- Sound analytical skills including the ability to interpret and present data in a meaningful way
- Achieved or significant progress towards a National Diploma in occupational health and safety (or equivalent)
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance and access to private health insurance. We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 80 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality.