Finance Analyst (Part Qualified) - FTC 24 months
Keen to join our Commercial Finance and work across the organisation working with a variety of stakeholders.
Salary: c. £32,000
Duration: 24 months (2 years)
The Finance Analyst will have the following objectives:
- Supporting the effective and timely completion of all financial processes;
- Ensuring that appropriate financial controls are in place and operative to provide assurance on financial activity;
- Providing relevant analysis to support effective organisational decision making which delivers high quality outcomes with an appropriate consideration of risk.
- Business and Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Involvement in the preparation of monthly management information
- Review and analyse financial information of high value grants made to high risk institutions
- Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting Processes
- Assist with the annual budget and quarterly forecast process, ensure that all expenditure is robustly reviewed and challenged
- Support the organisation to develop effective operational plans
- Influence financial performance and controls:
- Challenge the organisation to operate in an efficient and cost effective manner using metrics and analysis as well as promoting the benefits of financial controls and reporting requirements to non-financial audiences
- Support the organisation to implement suitable and effective internal processes and controls to enable robust governance and risk management
- Project activity
- Support the development of robust project plans, with suitable budgets, milestones and deliverable, and provide input into business cases
- Due Diligence and Governance
- Undertake financial due diligence on institutions applying for Wellcome funding
- Monitor and evaluate risk associated with existing awards, and apply agreed mitigation actions where required (including compliance with our grant conditions)
- Related Entities Accounting
- Provide full financial service - including accounting, analysis and reporting, budgeting and forecasting, for relevant entities within the remit of the role
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual statutory and tax reconciliations and reports
- Ensure the financial interactions between the trading and charitable activities are efficient and comply with legal and tax requirements
To view the full job description, click here.
Experience & Skills
- Experience of working in a finance department, ideally around the preparation of month-end financial reports.
- Experience providing management accounting advice and support to business partners and in management reporting
- Experience in identifying ways to streamline month end processes
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent numerical skills and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Computer literate - including Advanced Excel skills, MS Outlook, MS Word and MS PowerPoint skills.
- Adaptable to work in an environment where a flexible approach is required
- Ability to work as part of a small team or larger finance environment
Education & Qualifications
- Relevant degree
- Part-Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us at .