MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
This role is part of the Global Cost Controller’s Team based in 100VE London and reports to the Global Cost Control Manager. The role supports key stakeholders within the Global Performance Management team, Global Divisions and Global Departments. This role offers an excellent opportunity for a high potential, top talent in Unilever to develop as a seasoned global finance professional. This role offers a highly sought-after experience and perfect grooming ground for a high caliber and promising candidate.
- Delivering the Overheads 3X15/21 Framework for Unilever. Analysis, evaluation and performance managing overheads actuals and forecasts to support leadership strategic decision making
- In depth analysis and challenge on overhead cost initiatives. Driving the right conversations and pro-actively highlighting risks and opportunities
- Ensuring technology choice is aligned to the future information requirements of the company and meet the strategic criteria
- Information Management and Continuous Improvement in overheads budgeting and Forecasting processes
About the Role:
Total Overheads cost base for Unilever is approx. € 6 Bn. This includes Global as well as Local overheads cost. With the strategic ambition of the company to achieve 20% UOM by 2020, overheads have a huge contribution to make to deliver on this ambition. Overheads must deliver € 800 M savings by 2020 out of which only € 175 M have been delivered to date. On top of this, we are now moving on a € M target framework on a 3X15/21 basis for the entire company. This will bring a paradigm shift in overheads management and tracking. One of the biggest challenges we face today is in the space of granular visibility of overheads cost. About 60% of our cost today is non-division specific and there is no consistent method or system to have visibility of this cost at a granular level. Hence, the overheads agenda cannot be achieved without proper deployment of technology enabling sharper analytics around our allocated and divisional costs to better track, control and manage our overhead delivery in the coming years.
- This role is responsible for delivering on this ambition. It includes: (i) long-term performance management, (ii) Short Terms Performance Management and (iii) leading Central finance/S4 Hanna implementation for Overheads.
- Long-term Performance Management i.e. target setting for the entire company at a € M level on a 3X 815/21 framework. Ensuring all levers and drivers of overheads are properly embedded in the target setting process, ensuring alignment with Unilever’s strategic framework and cascading the framework across the organization to the Divisional as well as the cluster stakeholders.
- Short-term Performance Management, Once the target framework has been set and rolled out, ensuring regular monitoring and tracking against that, reviewing actuals and forecasts, understanding gaps and opportunities and advising the Global Cost Controller, Global Performance Management VP and EVP on timely interventions. Reviewing and submitting global costs forecast and working closely with global and cluster stakeholders in closing the gaps pro-actively.
- Global Lead for Implementing Central Finance for Overheads, This role will also be the Global lead in launching Central Finance/ S4 Hanna for Overheads to enable sharper and highly insightful analytics. One key deliverable for this job will be to bring about a step change in performance management of Overhead costs through incisive analytics based on real-time dashboards and supported by S4 Hanna technology.
The nature of the job will require working closely with many senior stakeholders as well as cross functional peers. This offers a very rich leadership experience to the candidate.
- Must work well with Global, Cluster and markets contacts
- Ability to innovate and transit ever-changing reporting needs
- Must be excellent at taking initiatives
- Must be very strong in senior stakeholder management
- Global Cost Controller and Global Cost Control Manager
- Global Performance Management Team
- Global Divisions (3 VPs and 2 Directors)
- Cluster and MCO finance teams (Cluster/ Country Controllers)
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications
- Qualified CIMA, ACCA, MBA or equivalent
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Well-developed communication skills
- Exceptional in responding and delivering under pressure
- Extraordinary in analysis with seasoned presentation skills
Please apply online and add your PDP if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Recruiter Simran Suri on Simran.Suri@unilever.com
The deadline for applications is 8th January 2020.