Keen to start a career in Finance? We are looking for an apprentice with a genuine interest in pursuing a career in accountancy and finance to join our team.
Salary: Apprentice level - £19,201
The successful candidate will have exposure to:
- Financial accounting, including a good overview of the general ledger and all key operational processes (such as accounts payable, banking)
- Grant reporting
- Financial systems
- Processing, recording and controlling accounts payable financial transactions, invoices and expenses.
- Answering queries from other departments, external suppliers and customers.
- Supporting with:
- Grant payments team in processing grant agreements and spend-based payment transactions and related amendments.
- Month-end process for financial accounting/treasury, including general ledger reconciliations and posting of accounting entries.
- Setup and administration for systems such as Concur.
- Helping develop new reporting tasks and process improvements across all areas of work.
- General office administration duties, including photocopying, post, scanning and filing as required.
Experience & Skills
- Five GCSEs or equivalent (including maths and English at B or above).
- Good numerical skills, including a high level of accuracy and good attention to detail.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Practical problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate - including MS Outlook, MS Word and MS PowerPoint skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills when working with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to use initiative and work to deadlines.
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve outstanding results.
- Committed to self-development and learning
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us at .