Finance & Assurance Specialist
ActionAid UK is looking for a Finance and Assurance Specialist who is passionate about securing women and girl’s rights and helping us to be effective, learn from our work and develop and strengthen our programmes through improved financial management systems and processes.
ActionAid is an international charity that works with women and girls living in poverty. Our dedicated local staff are changing the world with women and girls. We are ending violence and fighting poverty so that all women, everywhere, can create the future they want.
You will work closely with ActionAid UK’s Finance and Assurance Manager to deliver high-level financial management support and your skills and experience will reflect this.You are experienced and confident in building strong working relationships and are highly organised, work on your own initiative and are able to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
The Finance and Assurance Specialist will work with the Finance and Assurance Manager to support colleagues in the international development team on business development and programme implementation.
The role sits in the International Development Policy and Practice department, which is comprised of members supporting financial resource mobilisation, grant / contract management, programmatic innovation, research and learning towards this end.
You will have demonstrable experience in implementing and improving financial management systems, tools and processes in an international development environment and in compliance with different institutional donor funding mechanisms.
You will have experience in supporting the development of grant and commercial contract’s budget and financial proposals, in compliance with different institutional donor funding mechanism and donor requirements.
If you have this skill set along with a passion to work within an organisation committed to working with women and girls living in poverty to enable them to change their lives for good, we are keen to receive your application.
ActionAid is committed to driving improvement through digital channels, tools and ways of working. We will ensure that we provide the technology and the training to enable all staff to perform their roles to the best of their abilities. In return, we ask that all staff are committed to continually improving their digital skills and knowledge within the working environment. Our recruitment processes will evaluate the digital skills of all applicants.
ActionAid is committed to supporting flexible working. If you would like to discuss flexible working options, there will be space to do so during the interview process.
- Demonstrable financial management experience, including managing grants
- Demonstrable knowledge of a variety of institutional donor rules, financial control procedures and risk management
- Good knowledge of project cycle management, contract management and logical frameworks
- Demonstrable experience in budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting and audit preparation
- Proven ability to implement and improve financial processes with reference to internal and external stakeholders
- Specific experience of working with DFID, the European Commission, Comic Relief, the Big Lottery Fund, People’s Postcode Lottery Fund, or Amplify Change
- Experience in supporting bid development processes and managing commercial contracts
- Experience of living and working in a developing country
- Accountancy or Audit qualification / accounting degree
Please note that this role is being offered as a 9 month fixed term contract.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible.