Finance Business Partner - Sales & Revenue
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible position on the Airwave Finance team. The mission of the Airwave Finance team is to deliver value to the Airwave business by providing finance support through timely, data-driven analysis, effective resource planning and management of business performance to help our business partners execute on their strategic and operational imperatives that contribute to strong financial performance.
This role is based in either our Slough or London offices, with expected travel between both.
In this role, you will be the finance business partner supporting the Airwave Sales and Delivery teams. You will be the primary pre-sales finance contact, supporting all new opportunities for our key customers including:
- Financial, Commercial and General Review.
- Planning Strategy and participation in negotiation calls.
- Review of Bid/Award P&Ls.
- Revenue recognition, cashflow and revenue forecasting.
- Annual budget planning and contributing to the 12-18month rolling forecast.
- Orders and Revenue - Outlook, Forecast Updates, Manual Bookings and Adjustments.
- Finance Support/Information - relating to AW entity.
- Providing finance support in-life, including month end management accounting for revenue centres.
- Finance Billing approval.
- Modelling and adhoc tasks as required.
This role will play a critical role in analysing monthly results and providing details back to both Airwave Finance and Corporate Motorola Finance. Our business is fast paced and will challenge not just your financial acumen, but also your ability to influence a broad range of colleagues and stakeholders. This is a great opportunity for an individual with strong leadership potential interested in career growth.
- Accounting Certifications Required: ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
- Extensive experience working in Finance / Accounting / Business Support role.
- Understanding of financial and operational metrics.
- Month End/Quarter End Accounting Close experience.
- Strong Financial Modelling Skills.
- Strong analytical skills, organization, and curiosity to advance the position.
- Exercises good judgment, and comfortable working at a detailed level under time constraints and with multiple operating constituents.
- Strong system skills including MS Office, SAP, Oracle, Salesforce and Essbase are a plus.
- Financial and business support experience.
‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.