Finance Manager, Budgeting & Performance
This is your chance to join an organisation that matters to millions. Heathrow is a city within a city – interesting and ever changing. As critical national infrastructure, we’re playing our part in keeping the economy moving by helping to facilitate travel and trade.
Joining us now means becoming a key part of our recovery, bringing challenges and exciting opportunities as you grow your career. In 2020, we went from welcoming 80 million passengers each year and flying to over 180 destinations, to focusing on helping to facilitate the transportation of vital supplies – like medicines – and repatriation flights for the UK. As we move into 2021, we have a strong plan in place to accelerate our recovery and build back better.
We’ve not lost our focus on innovation throughout the pandemic, introducing contactless passenger journeys and UV robots to keep our airport clean and safe for colleagues and passengers. Our values remain strong. Our plans to decarbonise aviation and reach net-zero by 2050, and our continuous efforts to be a diverse and inclusive working environment, are at the heart of our organisation.
When you join us as a Finance Manager, you’ll take on a role central to our success. You’ll soon see the scale and complexity of our airport, and how that creates incredibly interesting and challenging work. You’ll have the chance to get involved in a variety of projects, making sure they run profitably, efficiently and with our passengers and stakeholders front of mind.
Your role will involve:
Leading on budgeting and forecasting cycles, working across finance, strategy and business stakeholders to ensure alignment of the strategic direction and end-to-end financials
- Assessing and challenge risks and opportunities to financial performance through interaction across finance, supporting development of mitigation strategies and action plans
- Analysing complex financial, non-financial and supplementary information to provide
- Leading on preparation and presentation of financial and non-financial information to provide insight to senior stakeholders, including Executive Committee and shareholders
- Embedding continuous improvement into processes, reporting, financial analysis and evaluation
These skills are essential:
Professional finance qualification – ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent (min requirement)
- Finance managerial experience in financial or accounting management or relevant consultancy
- Ability to lead financial analysts against tight timescales with exemplary leadership behaviours
- Driven with significant energy and proven ability to influence business leaders and senior stakeholders
- Strong analytical mindset and appetite to solve problems and motivate a team to do so
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Strong communications skills with a demonstrable track record of excellent stakeholder engagement
- Knowledge and experience of complex commercial and regulated environments
- Clear evidence of implementing high-impact continuous improvement initiatives
- Budgeting and forecasting experience in a large organisation
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, and access to private health insurance. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to succeed and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger. At Heathrow we’re an accessible place to work, driven by inclusivity and celebrating individuality. For more information, please visit our diversity & inclusion page.