BCM Construction are an Infrastructure contractor working in the rail, civils, power supply and highways sectors. We are a growing SME with an ambition to achieve 20% year on year growth and become an employer of choice in the sectors. As part of our growth we require additional support in our financial team and as such are recruiting for a Financial Accounts/Accounts Assistant.
For this role we encourage applicants with disabilities and can make adjustments to allow a person to work from home or in our office in Waterloo as this is largely a desk/office based position, the work could be handled from most locations.
The successful applicant will assist the other members of the Accounts Team as and when required on ad-hoc finance department tasks and projects. They will ensure that client relationships, who include the teams in commercial and operations, are developed and that all key reporting is completed on time.
The Accounts Assistant will work closely with the rest of the Accounts Team and be responsible for the processing and management of the Purchase Ledger, Expenses system and Credit Cards for the Enable Group of companies. They will liaise with various departments, such as Procurement and Operations to ensure up to date information is utilised when preparing management accounts and making payment runs etc.
1) Process purchase invoices by entering them into the accounts system. Ensure purchase invoices have matching Purchase Orders and/or Goods Received Notes as applicable. Process weekly payments to suppliers and expenses submitted by employees after approval by the Financial Controller / Finance Director.
Perform monthly purchase ledger reconciliations and investigate large/unusual/debit balances on the ledgers.
2) Analyse petty cash expenditure to ensure company policy is adhered to. Arrange weekly payments after approval by the Finance Director.
3)Ensure credit card transactions are entered into the expenses system. Where required, ensure missing transactions are chased up with card holders and completed. Ensure analysis of credit card transactions by expenses system is correct for posting into the accounts system.
4) Represent BCM at meetings or on the phone with suppliers and always be professional and courteous.
5)Contribute to the planned and sustained business growth through the production of accurate, up to date accounts reconciliation schedules and reports at month end to enable the Directors and Senior Managers to make appropriate business decisions.
6) Look for ways to improve upon the existing systems and processes to either improve efficiency or remove unnecessary steps.
7) Ensure that all reports, are completed on time and that the reports are accurate and consistent. Reporting is to follow BCM’s information management system procedures and policies.
An accounting qualification/part qualification such as ACCA or similar - Essential
Experience in a similar accounts Assistant or Purchase Ledger role previously - Essential
An all-round knowledge of accounting principles, VAT rules and treatment when processing invoices.
BCM Construction welcome applications from all sectors of the community and actively encourage applicants with disabilities. BCM Construction are an equal opportunities employer and registered with the Disability Confident Scheme.