Financial Analyst - Change
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Financial Analyst - Change, to join Carnival UK based in our Southampton office.
As part of a global business, we are passionate about our employees, providing an engaging working culture, support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be a successful and enjoyable one.
The role of Financial Analyst – Change will be responsible for supporting and enabling the inception, evaluation and delivery of change within Finance. The role is project based, with projects varying from time to time.
Key accountabilities of this role will include:
- Supporting and enabling the inception, evaluation and delivery of change within Finance.
- Performing change impact assessments, documenting changes to data, processes, roles and responsibilities, controls and business rules, ensuring all Finance implications are considered
- Working with SME and management stakeholders to identify, document and prioritise Finance requirements
- Documenting new processes & procedures, business rules, data flows, ensuring these have integrity
- Gathering and analysing fact bases to support the evaluation of alternative design options and associated risks/issues
- Gathers and documenting acceptance criteria and ensuring that testing within Finance is conducted to an acceptable standard, including performance of testing, managing test results and exceptions
- Maintaining and owning project and change implementation planning and risk management throughout project lifecycle
- Appling best practice in project governance and documentation
For projects initiated outside Finance, you will act as liaison between cost accounting and business project team to ensure that cost control is maintained as well as acting as a technical lead with third party suppliers ensuring effective communication to stakeholders throughout the process.
You will be a Qualified Accountant (or close to qualifying) and have a demonstrable experience of UK financial systems and processes or Finance change experience gained in a large company environment.
Excellent analysis and communication skills are key for this role.
The following would be desirable:
- Experience of Oracle Enterprise Business suite
- Relevant industry knowledge
This position has been leveled at CUK Level 8.
One of our core organisational values is that we are 'better together' and that’s why we’re working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture; where difference is respected and valued and where our people can be themselves. Inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do so we welcome applications from everyone. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Carnival UK is the operating company for P&O Cruises & Cunard. We provide unforgettable holiday experiences and operate a winning culture to achieve standout success. Our Cunard ships have been defining sophisticated ocean travel for over 175 years. Our ships have always been The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World. We continue our legacy of luxury ocean travel with our flagship Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, with Queen Mary 2 providing the only regularly scheduled transatlantic service between Southampton and New York. In 2022 our fourth Queen will join our Cunard fleet.
P&O Cruises has seven ships, including our flagship Britannia which joined our fleet in March 2015. Our two new ships, the largest in the UK market, will join the fleet in 2020 and 2022, meaning we can offer more experiences tailored to British tastes - combining genuine service, a sense of occasion and attention to detail, ensuring passengers have the holiday of a lifetime, every time.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why extraordinary, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
Carnival UK is committed to protecting against potential risks to safeguarding, security and/or fraud risks. In the event of an individual being offered this position, the post is subject to the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We will only ask about convictions which are defined as 'not protected'.