The Leapfrog Group (Pure Leapfrog, Leapfrog Finance, Leapfrog Bridge Finance and Pure Leapfrog’s investment in joint venture, Leapfrog Launchpad), is seeking an experienced Financial Controller to create in-house bookkeeping systems and processes, overseeing the work of the Project Finance Graduate, delivery of all financial reporting and assisting with payroll.
Location: Remote working, occasional meetings in either Liverpool, London or Oxford.
Note: we are open to you choosing to do 1 day per week in the office, if that is preferred
Salary: £35,000/annum pro rata
Employer: Leapfrog Finance Limited
Part time: Initially 5-10 hours per week; reducing to 5-10 hours per month over time.
Contract: 1-year contract with the potential for permanent placement.
The Leapfrog Group comprises a charity (Pure Leapfrog) and its trading subsidiary (Leapfrog Finance). Our mission is to provide funding and resources that enable communities, especially those who suffer some form of deprivation, the opportunity to own and/or access the benefits of a low carbon energy system. The Leapfrog Finance team is based in Liverpool, the Pure Leapfrog team largely in Oxford & London so we are flexible on the location of this role and indeed, open to remote working.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
• developing and managing in-house financial systems, reporting andprocesses associated with them
• overseeing the work of the Project Finance Officer and providing himwith coaching and guidance
• ensuring that restricted funding is appropriately accounted for andspent for the purposes for which it is intended
• ensuring that all tax benefits are obtained and all tax relief due isclaimed
• jointly with DO and CEO, ensuring that reserves policy is reviewed andmonitored regularly
• signing off of monthly & quarterly accounts information packs formanagement
• managing the business forecasting and budgeting process
• preparation of draft annual accounts for audit review
• preparation of information for the annual audit process, liaison withauditors.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the experience and skills outlined below in addition to outstanding numeracy, interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate will also share our passion for environmental and renewable energy.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Charity and company compliance regimes
• Track record in organisational development, governance, financialmanagement, human resources, and IT
• Direct experience of risk management
• Financial and management accounting practices and systems
• Experienced in the use of Xero accounting software or the equivalent
• Knowledge of the UK impact investment environment as well as socialand environmental impact frameworks
• Sound knowledge of marketing and communications tools andtechniques
• Experience developing investor and funder relationships
• Experience of grant writing, grant management and acquittal
Knowledge and experience:
• A professional accounting qualification
• Min 10 years relevant experience from both corporate and non-profit sector, ideally gained in a small, entrepreneurial organisation
• Advanced Excel skills
• Good knowledge of other Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Wordand MS Access) is helpful.
You will be:
• Highly numerate with strong verbal and written communication skills too
• Organised with excellent attention to detail and an ability to deliver to multiple strict deadlines
Please note: Only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
The Leapfrog Group is committed to:
• equal opportunities
• diversity and dignity at work
• health and safety
• environment and sustainability