This is an opportunity to join our Connecting Energies UK Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team, which builds up decentralised energy sites across the UK, at industrial customers, hospitals and community centres.
Here's what you'll be doing
E.ON is a global provider of specialised energy solutions. We work hard to provide the best deals and energy solutions for our customers. This is an opportunity to join our Connecting Energies UK Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team, which builds up decentralised energy sites across the UK, at industrial customers, hospitals and community centres. The O&M Fleet Engineer is the primary contact and is responsible for the successful operation and maintenance of E.ON Connecting Energies' (ECT) On-Site Generation (OSG) assets.
Here you’ll be responsible for maintaining fleet availability, provision of technical advice and also demonstrating a high level of professionalism and adherence to company and policies and procedures. You’ll carry out and/or manage repairs, overhauls, reactive maintenance and minor installation works on associated plant having due regard to safety and customer care in the specific environment.
You’ll implement all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of the plant, associated tools and equipment while making sure we stick to HSE and regulatory requirements.
In return we will offer the training that you need to progress your career plus the potential for new global opportunities and international moves in a fun, hard-working, diverse environment.
What we need from you
- Relevant qualification in an electrical and/or mechanical engineering discipline.
- Proven experience in a related field or industry.
- Independent trouble shooting and problem-solving skills in stressful situations.
- Proactive, self-disciplined and highly motivated with well organised work style.
- Demonstrate commitment to health and safety of self and others.
- Experience of working constructively with customers, sub-contractors and external parties.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Full driving licence.
It would be great if you had:
- Strong knowledge of boiler heating systems, including steam raising plant operation and Maintenance.
- Experience of gas turbines and reciprocating engines and rotating electrical plant.
- Health & safety qualification e.g. IOSH / NEBOSH.
- Gas Safe Registration.
- Electrical Fault finding and maintenance of Electrical Generation plant.
What we’ll give you in return
- 26 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Pension scheme with generous contributions from E.ON.
- Comprehensive flexible benefits scheme.
- Company van.
Here's what else you need to know
This is a permanent position.
This role is based from our client’s site:
Britvic Soft Drinks,
Further travel to other sites will be required.
This role involves joining a 24/7 call out rota (1 week in 5). A retainer is paid for this and overtime paid for call outs.
Due to the nature of this role a Criminal Record check will be required.
For information on reasonable adjustments please click here.