Full Stack Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Full Stack Engineer to join the engineering team in Wellcome Data Labs.
In this role, you will design and build data products that serve Wellcome's mission to improve health by helping great ideas thrive. You will work inside Wellcome Data Labs, a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, and social scientists, whose charter is to provide innovative data solutions to meet the needs of both Wellcome and the larger public.
In this job, you will:
- Design and build great data products, for use by Wellcome, other organizations, and the general public
- Work in a diverse team of data scientists, data engineers, social scientists, and others to deliver quality software
- Communicate effectively with managers, scientists, partners, product owners, and your fellow team members
To succeed in this role, you should have:
- Strong experience developing client or server side web applications
- Some experience deploying web applications and services, whether into AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or elsewhere.
- Experience deploying and using data persistence services such as PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Amazon Redshift or Google BigQuery,
- Familiarity with common data science and ML tools such as pandas and sklearn
- Experience configuring and using one or more web analytics platforms.
- Relevant degree or work experience
Applications shall be reviewed on a rolling basis until role is filled
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us at