Future Portfolio DevelopmentSenior Manager
Insurance and Wealth is an integral part of the Group in helping to deliver our vision of becoming the best bank for customers, and in playing a key role in Helping Britain Prosper by helping corporate and individual customers plan for their long-term protection, retirement and investment needs.
Our Insurance business is one of the largest in the UK. We have a strong heritage, helping approximately six million customers every day with their diverse and critical needs including life insurance, pensions, investments and general insurance (home, car, travel).
This role sits within our General Insurance area and ensures that the business which we are underwriting is within our Insurance Risk Appetite.
What will you be doing..
- You'll shape the direction and strategy for our future portfolio of LBG GI underwritten products to enable the business to achieve market leading results
- You'll ensure that this strategy drives the optimal insurance risk appetite for our business and translate it into meaningful projects and objectives for the team and ensure these are driven through to execution.
- Understand and drive how our risk appetite is translated into managing a high quality underwritten portfolio
- Understand our accumulation risk and take dedicated action to optimise it
- You will use your analytical expertise to interpret key data and reports to drive optimal portfolio solutions
- Manage and motivate the team optimally to achieve their objectives and those of the LBG GI business
- You'll propose and present future strategies to Executive level and win their approval and agreement.
- Build and maintain key wider senior, Exec and industry relationships and understand how insurance risk fits into the Group picture.
- Respect, embed and champion risk management and governance
- Be knowledgeable about current developments, changes and emerging risks in the field of insurance risk to ensure that LBG GI is market leading in proactively responding to these challenges and opportunities
What do we need from you..
- Strategic level understanding of insurance risk appetite techniques and benefits appropriate to a market leading organisation
- Ability to lead a team to high performance, execution and technical excellence with a culture that demonstrates enthusiasm and the values
- Very strong analytical and data interpretation skills
- Flexible management style appropriate for professional colleagues
- Self-motivated to drive key projects to execution
- Outstanding wider business relationships
- Ability to engage and persuade the business of the importance of the insurance risk appetite and future portfolio perspective in key strategic objectives
- Relevant professional qualification (eg FIA and/or ACII) and a sound usage of these qualifications in driving a technical assessment of our position and opportunities
- Awareness of emerging risks and developments and the ability to integrate this rapidly into our strategy
- An industry-leading expert who shapes and communicates long-term direction
- Excellent knowledge of the systems and processes used across LBG GI
- Sound judgement (knowing the right thing to do) in difficult business decisions: balancing commercial, PR, customer, colleague and regulatory considerations
- Expert level of general insurance experience & awareness of the latest developments in the wider industry and regulatory environment
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisations.
Together we make it possible.
As well as a competitive salary, this role offers:
- Car (or allowance)
- Flex cash sum
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- A total reward package that offers discounted lifestyle, financial and protection benefits you can tailor to suit your lifestyle.