Global Assistant Brand Manager – Dove Deodorant
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Dove is one of the world’s leading Personal Care brands, operating across Hair Care, Deodorant, Skin Care and Skin Cleansing. Dove is known for its ‘Real Beauty for Real Women’ campaign, and the brand continues to retain a relevant and compelling mission – inviting all women to realise their personal potential for beauty.
Deodorants is one of Unilever’s fastest growing and most vibrant categories. Dove is one of the most successful brands within the deodorant category, with an incredible track record of consistent double digit growth. To continue this momentum, we need great people to help us achieve it. We are seeking a talented Assistant Brand Development Manager to support the Brand Manager on delivering world class global innovation projects to drive Dove Deodorants into the future.
As an Assistant Brand Manager in the global team, you’ll play a critical supporting role to the Brand Manager, ensuring all innovation and communication projects are aligned with the brand key and brand vision plan - developing fantastic 360 innovation mixes from idea to launch, and ensuring excellent delivery on time in full.
You’ll need to be a strong communicator and able to work closely with different functions (CMI, Supply Chain, R&D, Finance, Packaging & Creative agencies) to build strong project teams motivated to deliver the innovation plan, and be keen to further develop your skills in managing projects and communication development.
You’ll be able to develop an in-depth understanding for the brand in key markets and the business environment. We are looking for someone who has strong leadership skills, with a naturally proactive attitude, passion for consumers and strong business acumen.
The role offers plenty of scope for creativity and independent leadership on smaller projects and clearly ownable deliverables on larger projects.
- Play a key supporting role to the Global Brand Development Manager.
- Work closely with local teams of key countries to ensure good team alignment and deployment of mixes in each region.
- Manage clearly defined sections of innovation projects, to ensure delivery of outstanding, insightful and differentiated innovation and communication to agreed milestones. Ensure they are aligned to local market requirements and to global Category Strategy, Brand Key Vision and Brand Vision Plan.
- Build a holistic understanding of consumers and shoppers, together with CMI, in developing consumer and shopper insights and turn these in to insights for innovation and growth opportunities.
- Assist in the development of communication programmes working closely with the CMI team, and creative agencies to ensure excellent delivery and implementation.
- Project management of cross-functional teams
- Find gaps and opportunities proactively to drive the brand in key geographies
- 2 years of marketing experience (any other experience in R&D, packaging, agency is a plus)
- Proven experience in project and timeline management
- Excellent written and spoken business English
- Excellent IT skills are required, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong Business Acumen and rigor in order to find out root issues and opportunities and triggers/ barriers to growth.
- Creativity, Empathy, Sense of Aesthetics, Analytical Thinking & Rigour.
- Passion and understanding of consumers and shoppers
- Growth Mindset
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Bias for Action
- Accountability and Responsibility
Please apply online and add your PDP if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Recruiter Juliana Picon on Juliana.Picon@unilever.com