Global Innovation Assistant - Kids, MW, Ancillaries
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
This rare opportunity sits within one of Unilever’s most entrepreneurial global businesses, with strong foot prints in both D and D&E, where our brands enjoy either market leader or high growth challenger positions.
The toothbrush business operates across multiple brands within the oral care category and is expected to be one of the key strategic thrusts to deliver the category growth targets. The toothbrush business is also a key player in the journey of improving people’s oral health, as well as driving the sustainability agenda of the category globally through ground-breaking innovations in the space.
This high-profile position will play a strategic role in globally leading both premium and sustainable innovation projects for toothbrushes, as well as being part of business management directly with our biggest markets.
The candidate will need to demonstrate clear strategic thinking & business acumen, project management and consumer understanding. He or she will need to work with a high degree of autonomy, and needs to be comfortable with working on innovation launches from start to finish.
The successful candidate will be working alongside the global senior brand manager, responsible for providing strategic direction, mix development and the deployment of premium and sustainable focused innovation across multiple brands and markets.
He or she will have a very significant role to play within the high-profile sustainability agenda for toothbrushes, working cross functionally and with key countries to deliver a real step change in sustainability at pace.
As well as innovation, he or she will be heavily involved in e-commerce and shopper strategy for toothbrushes, partnering with the oral care e-commerce team, digital team and CMI to develop insights which can be turned into business opportunities in the future.
The candidate will be responsible for the mouthwash portfolio including defining strategy, leading projects with the cross functional team across brands and regions globally.
The candidate will also take business management responsibility with EUROPE together with his/her LM to drive business growth and maintain a healthy P&L in line with the toothbrush & oral care vision.
To succeed in this role, it will require:
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work effectively with a virtual cross functional team
- Strong influencing skills, comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent Brand Development skills (i.e. Concept development, project leadership, eye for beauty)
- Experience in European/NAMET countries will be a plus, as would knowledge of local marketing
We are looking for highly motivated, action-oriented individuals who are motivated by the challenge of working on a Global Brand in a multicultural fast-paced environment.
- Marketing experience within FMCG or beauty
- Analytical acumen and strategic thought leadership, proven learning ability and can-do attitude.
- Strong bias for action with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in Beauty & Personal Care/ Oral care
- Experience in new communication & business models i.e. Digital centric communications, E-commerce, DDM.
- Experience of Unilever IPM, PMO, BLUE processes.
Please apply online and add your PDP if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Recruiter Juliana Picon on Juliana.Picon@unilever.com