Global Market Insight Assistant Manager
Job Title: Global Market Insight Assistant Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace”
Our Marketeers create value by building more relevant and meaningful consumer relationships. Our job is to offer the right product to the right person at the right time. Whether you’re bringing a trusted favourite to a new market, or launching something new, you’ll see great products brought to life in the eyes of customers and consumers, creating relationships that can last generations.
Unilever’s Marketers are impactful Entrepreneurs in sustainable marketing and are increasingly focused on driving performance through brands with purpose; brands which provide a positive change to people and to society. We want to reach more people in more places more often with product truth; enabling and empowering people to achieve great things for themselves, for our business, and for the world. Our brilliantly different brands - brands that have a strong purpose, but where the product itself is also contributing towards a more sustainable planet – such as Knorr, Omo, Dove and Domestos are growing 30% faster than the rest of our portfolio and delivering over half of our growth.
The role is based in our Global Head Office in Blackfriars. Located in the heart of London, our office is home to a restaurant, a deli bar, a gym and a medical centre. You could be enjoying your lunch on our beautiful rooftop terrace in the summer our letting off some steam in a personal training session! You can also find a subsidised shop offering a selection of our Unilever products.
The Market Insight team is a key group within the CMI function, being responsible for the generation of insight and landing of Transformational Action primarily from continuous research (retail data, consumer panel and brand tracking). This role will be within the team working to enable our ambitious growth agenda, spotting growth opportunities and measuring our performance to identify opportunities to sharpen our 6P levers and actions to harness growth. This role will support the MI lead to deliver those opportunities at a global level. The focus of the delivery of this team will be driven by key business needs to ensure our Insights get acted upon and are supported by strong infrastructure including business interfaces, data lakes etc. to deliver growth. For this we will use a combination of skills- MI, Pricing, Predictive Analytics, Channel and Brand Tracking Insights.
JOB SUMMARY AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a Global role based in London, working across markets and Divisions. The focus and key delivery is to use continuous data to develop insights and ultimately land transformational action. Underpinning this is the responsibility to ensure good quality, timely data is made available through self-serve systems and regular reporting. This person will be responsible for insight development and delivery at a cross-country and cross-category level, working closely with agency partners to enable this.
Insight Generation/Best Practice for specific areas
- Manage ad hoc custom research projects as per business requests
- Pioneer new tools / methods
- Create, enable landing and upgrading models (such as Market Development, Penetration etc.)
Deep dive and Mining data for insights
- Integrate multiple data sources (continuous sources) to help understand the actions required- across all the marketing 6Ps.
- Need to work with Retail, Consumer panel and Brand tracking, Social & other Data sources, integrating these seamlessly with Commerce & Channel information to create Meta-analysis for growth insights. Land and embed.
- Work with internal functions to automate standard reporting systems
Pushing the Boundaries of Excellence: New methods development & Training
- Creating, Landing and training of market & brand related data & systems on a pan divisional basis.
- CMI Division and global
- External agencies such as; Nielsen / Kantar Worldpanel / Kantar Millward Brown
- Internal business partners in Marketing, Customer Development and Finance
- Reporting into the Global Market Insight Lead
ALL ABOUT YOU:
- The successful candidate will need to be analytically minded, and able to derive insights from joining together multiple data sets.
- Curiosity and strong attention to detail.
- Experience of working with continuous research data - retail tracking, consumer panel and/or brand tracking data is essential.
- Develop work which is fact-based rather than fact-filled, focusing on story-telling, recommendations and outcomes
- Think strategically – ability to design, develop and land country and cross-category level work
- A positive attitude and can-do outlook to keep the agency teams motivated and inspired to work with the team.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal are needed to work with different functions and land insights and messages in a compelling way.
- Ability to build capabilities of CMI & Business Partners, particularly through adoption of new ‘self serve’ systems
- Be able to work independently and with people at all levels of the organisation.
WHAT WE OFFER
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.