Global Network Optimisation Lead
Global Network Optimisation Lead
Work Level: WL3
Location (City, Country): Rotterdam, Netherlands; London, UK
Main Job Purpose:
The Network Design and Optimization (NDO) Lead is the subject matter expert in the global logistics team with extensive and deep knowledge to independently conduct complex projects across a global, regional, or multi-country team. This role will report into VP Global Logistics directly.
This includes: Holistic end-to-end network, distribution and transportation assessments considering internal and external perspectives, comprehensive mapping, clear breakdown of results into decision-making processes such as network design and optimization, project leadership, continuous improvement, process development, inventory strategy and segmentation, customer & client interaction / business partnership, systems/data management and reporting & analysis. The role holder will also be responsible to drive full visibility of cost to serve in Unilever Supply Chain for Logistics through deployment of analytics/technology and lead projects based on identified opportunities to drive continuous efficiency and cost reduction for Logistics globally.
- Works closely with Unilever businesses to understand business questions, develop scope, and identify the right modeling approach. Designs, builds and delivers supply chain network models. Ensures appropriate and correct data is provided for effective optimization work. Uses advanced knowledge to evaluate the network design and optimization work, determine and outline impacts to the business.
- Proactively conducts the report out of the outcome and recommendations of network design and optimization work back to the business in collaboration with the Global Logistics Leadership teams.
- Serves as the network optimization technical lead, providing direction on more complex modeling scenarios to network and transportation modeling analysts
- Develops the implementation plan for approved network design and optimization projects with business leads.
- Reviews and monitors network and transportation modeling practices and procedures
- Identifies and develops standardized best practices for NDO processes and modeling
- Develops Unilever Supply Chain Design & Optimization playbook
- Ensures consistent best practices is shared between NDO teams across the organization through trainings, workshops, and documentation
- Support the development of Unilever’s Investment Strategy and Network Design roadmap
- Develops, executes, and implements ongoing supply chain network optimization and process improvements to drive continuous improvement across the supply chain organization
- Drives digital capabilities in Unilever through analytics and technologies deployment across Unilever in order to systematically provide visibility to cost components throughout Supply Chain and visibility by segmentation (Ambient, Frozen, Division and Activity based segmentation)
- Drives integration of Cost to Serve model in end to end Supply Chain including its feeding into order management system to allow full supply chain cost data visibility
- Leads, develops and drives Cost to Serve strategies based on identified key drives for each segments and categories
- Degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, and Supply Chain Management
- Previous supply chain consulting experience
- Strong database skills and ability to handle large amount of data
- Data visualization skills (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
Key success factors for the role are:
- Leading teams to deliver
- Creating inspirational, realistic and achievable plans
- Managing and embedding change
- Stakeholder influencing and management
- Commercial acumen