Global PDC Skin Cleansing Insights Analyst
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Digital is changing everything about how consumer goods companies go to market. At Unilever we were at the front of the media revolutions in print advertising in the 1890s, in Radio in the 1930s and in TV in the 1960s. Now we intend to be at the front of the digital revolution. At the heart of our response to this Digital Revolution is our People Data Centres (PDC) – delivering powerful game changing insights and facilitating one billion relationships with consumers. We need to blend social data with consumer contact centre data with CRM data with search data with ratings & reviews data and so much more. This will allow incredible insights and precision marketing. You can read more about our ambitions in the Sep’16 of the Harvard Business Review and you can see for yourself with our acquisition of the Dollar Shave Club that our company is investing hugely in this space. We need people with passion for digital and analytics, who are not afraid to break convention and want to be a revolutionary within our business.
The PDC Insights Analyst will be part of the Global Beauty & Personal Care PDC team looking after our Skin Cleansing business, which includes brands like Dove, Radox, Lux or Lifebuoy. She/He will be responsible for analysing a wide range of data to help inform marketing, brand and business strategies. She/He will ensure that internal briefs are translated into analytical projects and will be responsible for ensuring the analysis is relevant for the specific brand and market. She/He will be comfortable using a wide range of analytical tools to help with the analysis and be familiar with both digital data such as social and search right through to traditional business data such as penetration and brand equity. The individual will be responsible for providing quantitative and qualitative analysis and insight on projects, whilst working alongside specialist analysts where required. As such the person needs to be comfortable working on their own analytics projects and also be able to work with specialist experts on larger, more complex briefs. She/he will have stakeholders based in London but also in US, Singapore and India so will also need to be comfortable in working with remote teams.
- Work closely with the PDC Insights Manager to translate internal briefs into analytical projects (to include refining the initial brief and asking the ‘right questions’, working through potential hypotheses and storyboarding the output)
- Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis and insight to inform business strategy, marketing and brand strategies, digital marketing content and strategy, communications and new product development
- Conduct analysis using in-house analytics tools, and be comfortable analysing a range of social and business data
- Building and testing basic queries on in-house social and search data tools
- Building and maintaining dashboards for internal customers using internal visualisation tools
- Synthesising data and analysis into impactful, action-orientated reports for the Skin Cleansing teams
- Able to communicate the key findings and insight to senior stakeholders and peers both conversationally and in formal presentation style
- Monitor progress of deliverables and actively work with other analysts where required on complex briefs
- Proactively flags any workloads issues or problems to the PDC Insight Manager and identifies opportunities for new services based on demand
Global Skin Cleansing
- The job holder will not have any people management responsibilities but will commission work to other analysts
- The job holder will have to work with other PDC Insights Analysts to share learnings and ensure that an equal quality of output is being achieved
- The job holder will have to ensure that briefs are completed by the analytical pool to the required standard and in a way that answers the original request
- Experience in an analytical role and providing insight and recommendation based on analysis
- Experience in using analytical tools, including social analytics / NLP tools and website analytics tools
- Experience in SEO
- Experience in social media and influencers campaigns
- Experience in “storytelling” in a corporate context, and crafting clear, compelling messaging
- Experience in understanding business questions and writing appropriate briefs
- Passion for the digital world and its implications for business
Secondary Traits (‘nice to have’)
- Data modelling experience
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
Please apply online and add your PDP if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Recruiter Juliana Picon on Juliana.Picon@unilever.com