Global Regulatory Affairs Manager - Homecare Hygiene
Global Regulatory Affairs Manager, Home Care Hygiene
Location: Casale/100VE/Port Sunlight
Want to change the world for the better, together?
Unilever is a global business who have been pioneers, innovators and future makers for over 120 years. Our brands give us a unique opportunity to create positive change, to grow our business and to achieve our purpose of making sustainable living commonplace. https://www.unilever.com/about/who-we-are/about-Unilever/
In the 1890s, William Lever set out on his mission to make cleanliness and hygiene commonplace. Since then, taking care of people’s health, homes and clothes has been an integral part of Unilever’s purpose. Today, the simple acts of washing hands and accessing safe toilets are some of the most cost-effective ways to improve people’s health.
Our mission is to discover, make and market consumer health and hygiene products and bring them to as many people as possible.
The Global Regulatory Affairs team sits within the overall Research and Development function. We pride ourselves on not being defined by our job titles but by the positive impact that we make. Regulatory Affairs is a pivotal organisation involved in many strategic and operational aspects of our business working on all of the 400 brands of Unilever. We are continually working with colleagues across other functions such as Safety, Legal, External Affairs, R&D to drive Regulatory change:
You will lead the regulatory strategy for the Home Care Hygiene innovation programmes for global brands such as Domestos, Omo, Living Hygiene and Cif. You will provide regulatory insight and expertise to deliver next generation innovation projects which will positively impact the health and hygiene of people and the planet.
- Expert on regulatory developments worldwide which impact hygiene products, and through strong strategic influencing skills, ensures that these developments are incorporated into the Home Care hygiene innovation programme.
- Provide expertise to support local teams respond effectively and with speed to Regulatory Authority questions.
- Being the global regulatory expert in the development of claims guidelines, working with colleagues from other functions.
- Represents Unilever in relevant external trade associations, coalitions and directly with Regulatory Authorities.
We are looking for the right candidate who will have a growth mindset and embrace a challenge with the ability to see things through to the end.
They must have significant experience of the regulatory requirements that govern the Home Care hygiene industry, preferably globally.
- Minimum BSc, preferable an MS or PhD in Chemistry, Biological Science, Toxicology, Environmental Science, Regulatory Toxicology or equivalent.
- Extensive experience working within an FMCG environment.
- Experience of obtaining and maintaining disinfectant product or active substance registrations in one or more regions.
- Experience of working in an external environment such as Trade Associations or Regulatory Authorities.
- Experience of working with third party consultants and suppliers would be a benefit.
- Great collaborator with excellent communication skills.
- A quick learner who is not afraid to take the initiative and be proactive to get things done.
- Ability to work in an international team.
- Must be fluent in English.
What do we offer:
Opportunity to work in a global company with a clear vision of making sustainable living commonplace. Working on brands with the power to brighten people’s lives all over the world. You will be part of a diverse and ambitious team, shaping the future of Unilever Hygiene brands.
Working in an international team on a daily basis.
Exciting career opportunities in a global, purpose-led business.
We are looking for the right people for our roles and we are open to talk about how our flexible working policies can make this role the right one for you.