Governance Administrator - 6 months
Salary: c. £35,000
Duration: 6 months
- Keeping statutory books up to date using Diligent Entities (Blueprint) and / or other systems as appropriate
- Working with the Deputy Company Secretary [Head of Governance] to ensure all appointees to Wellcome Board(s) and Board Committees are registered with the appropriate regulator(s),
- Working with Director's Office to ensure Governors and external Board Committee members are inducted and their on-going development needs are addressed
- Working with Director's Office to manage administrative preparations for Board Committee meetings, including scheduling, collation and uploading of papers, preparation and circulation of board packs, room, venue and catering bookings etc.
- Working with the Assistant Company Secretary and Director's Office to prepare and disseminate dates of Board Committee meetings, forward plans, meeting notes and papers as required and necessary
- Taking responsibility for ensuring matters arising/action points from meetings are followed up
- Working with the Deputy Company Secretary to ensure that Governors and external Board Committee members fully comply with their constitutional, statutory and regulatory obligations
- Working with the Assistant Company Secretary to develop and maintain a Governance Procedure Handbook
- Working with the Deputy Company Secretary to develop and then maintain a Governance portal as a resource for information and good practice in governance for Wellcome
- Providing further ad hoc project and administrative support as required in the Governance Team and act as a flexible resource across admin roles within the Legal Division as needed to cover absence
Experience & Skills
- Experience of providing administrative support to Executive or Board level committees
- Demonstrable experience of development and implementing processes to improve efficiency
- Demonstrable experience of diary and correspondence management
- Time management, including ability to prioritise tasks
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills as well as inter-personal skills with the ability to quickly build relationships at all levels
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.)
- Positive, pro-active problem solver and great attention to detail
To view the full job description, click here.
If you are interested in the role, make sure when submitting your application, you attach your cover letter addressing your motivations and relevant skills for this role.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us at .