Would you like to be at the heart of Wellcome's grant-giving activities?
Are you a great team player who likes to build relationships? Do you have a flexible approach in managing complex priorities?
Salary - £32,000
Duration - 12 months
Wellcome are looking for a Grants Adviser to join the team to help manage applications and awards within our Neuroscience and Mental Health portfolio.
You'll be a vital part of Wellcome and you'll help us to achieve our aims whilst we help you to achieve yours. Your task is to ensure that all grant applications are managed, reviewed and awarded in a timely and efficient way. You'll be the person our community of researchers will turn to for support and advice. You'll have ownership of your own portfolio of grants from a wide range of funding schemes, giving you exposure to innovative proposals from leading academics. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to be an integral part of a team ensuring that world-class research happens.
In this role, you will:
- Manage applications and awards
- Carry out due diligence on grant applications
- Manage peer review
- Prepare applications for, and attend, funding and interview committees
- Support and advise our community of researchers on the management of grant applications and awards
Please see the full job description here
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Educated to at least degree level in a biomedical subject (preferably in Neuroscience)
- Experience of the academic research environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to quickly build the trust of internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage large workloads and work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining the highest standards
We believe great ideas can change the world and improve health for everyone. At Wellcome, we help great ideas to thrive by supporting scientists and researchers, taking on big problems, fuelling imaginations and sparking debate.
Wellcome isn't just a supporter of great ideas; it's a great place to work. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We help our employees to develop in an open, respectful culture where differences are valued.
If you are talented and passionate about our work and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to improve health for everyone, then we'd like to hear from you. You can apply using the link below.
Your application should include your CV and a supporting statement that is no longer than 2 pages and answers the following questions:
1. Why do you think you are suitable for the role? Please highlight any skills or experience you consider would be important.
2. Describe a situation where you have had to manage your time to achieve your goals. How did you achieve this?
3. Give an example of how you made a positive contribution to a team and what the outcome was.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us at