Group Financial Accounting Manager, Balance Sheet
Job Title: Group Financial Accounting Manager, Balance Sheet
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
The Group Chief Accountant’s Department (GCAD) is part of the Controller’s department in Unilever Group. GCAD is responsible for Unilever’s external financial reporting and global financial controls (Sarbanes Oxley compliance), managing the global audit relationship with our external audit partner; determining and implementing Unilever’s accounting policies; and many other projects related to how Unilever measures its performance and presents and communicates this to the external world.
This Group Financial Accounting Manager role reports to Senior Group Financial Accounting Manager and is primarily responsible from the preparation of the Group’s consolidated balance sheet and statement of changes in equity.
- ensure monthly consolidation of investments is completed correctly and on a timely basis,
- for the financial statements owned, ensure the published results are accurate, timely, consistent and a fair presentation of performance and corporate actions. This will include communicating reporting instructions, providing guidance and training to countries on the accounting policies, responding to accounting and reporting queries and reviewing monthly financial results to ensure compliance with Unilever’s accounting policy.
- analyse the results and support the presentation to the Global Finance Leadership Team,
- prepare the relevant parts of the quarterly press release as well as the Annual report and accounts,
- support the Group audit process regarding the accounts owned,
- ensure compliance to Sarbanes-Oaxley for the processes owned,
- implement new reporting requirements on a timely basis as needed.
Other reponsibilities include continuous system and process improvements and supporting the line manager on ad-hoc projects as they arise.
Two assistant managers report into this role.
- 5+ years experience in finance function
- 2+ years experience in financial accounting / reporting
- Exposure to Group Financial Reporting and/or audit experience - preferred
- Professional accounting qualification (ICAEW, ACCA or similar) – preferred
- SAP / BCS (or Other equivalent Consolidation system) knowledge – Desirable but can be learned on role
- Prior experience of working with different cultures and countries would be an advantage
- GCAD Leadership team
- GCAD Expertise team
- GCAD Controls team
- Country Controlling teams and RTR Operating Centers
- Global functions (Global Performance Management, Investor Relations)
- Information & Analytics teams
- IT teams
- Global RTR Process Excellence
- Other Unilever teams if required (adhoc basis)
- Third party providers (adhoc basis)
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
Online Application >> Digital Interview >> Face to face Interview >> Job Offer
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required in order to be considered. Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later.