Group FP&A and Central Services Manager
Group FP&A and Central Services Manager - ITV Finance
Manchester - Currently Remote Working
ITV is More Than TV...
Our vision is to be More than TV, building upon ITV’s unique and winning combination of creativity and commercial strength, driven by investment in data and technology. ITV’s newly formed Media and Entertainment Division (M&E) consists of two business units – Broadcast and On-Demand – which collectively comprises over half of ITV’s total business today (from both a revenue and profit perspective). This new structure means we’re shaped for success, we can drive digital viewing, faster decision making, more innovation as we become a digitally led entertainment and media company.
Why ITV and this role....
Our Finance roles touch every element of our business and how we service our Media and Entertainment world and that’s why we’re excited to announce that we are looking for a Group FP&A and Central Services Manager to join us. Our new Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Centre of Excellence (CoE), based in Manchester will provide direct support and a dedicated point of contact to the Finance Business Partners and partnering with them to make the right business decisions quicker, using great insight and reliable data to enable company growth.
The purpose of this role is to manage the Group FP&A and Central Services team within the CoE, coordinating and delivering high quality reporting, budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis to the Group FP&A Director and their Group Functions business stakeholders. Scope of the role covers Central Services commercial support plus management of Central Services function costs including HR, Legal, and Finance.
- Oversee the development of Central Services wide plans, budgets and forecasts
- Ensure Central Services function costs are accurately reported and variances to budget and forecasts are understood and communicated
- Liaise with Group controllership and RTR team on latest technical accounting requirements and understand implications on costs accounted and reported
- Oversee investment appraisals required to support resource allocation decisions across Central Services functions
- Establish clear channels of communication and ways of working with RTR teams to ensure actual costs are recorded accurately, with an agreed process for corrective action in place from the onset
- Identify risks and opportunities to improve EBITA for the business
- Lead the Group FP&A and Central Services team
- Track performance of the team and service levels though formal metrics / SLAs
- Own updates to Standard Operating Procedures, policies, desktop manuals and lead process improvement initiatives within the CoE
- Support the strategic direction defined by the Head of the CoE
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives; and measure and realise sustainable benefits
- Develop & implement standardisation of processes & reporting metrics to align w/ wider business requirements
The successful candidate will have the following key skills:-
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) - 3+ years PQE
- Strong Commercial/FP&A track record
- Experience leading and coordinating teams
- Strong analytical mindset - drive insight from numbers and data for key decision making
- Strong Excel skills with ability to create and use advanced formulae, pivot tables and dashboards
- Experience working within a large matrix commercial organisation
- Commercially astute with an inquisitive nature and desire to understand drivers behind the numbers and reports
- Ability to present technical information to non technical audiences
- Strong Excel skills with ability to create and use advanced formulae, pivot tables and dashboards.
- A passion for leading teams through change & developing senior accounting professionals
- Excellent stakeholder management and presentation skills
- High standard of computer literacy with strong Excel and Powerpoint skills a must with Hyperion experience preferable.
Closing Date: Monday 8th March
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. So we’re introducing Smart Working.
Smart Working will mean different things for different people and teams. Whatever your preference, we will support you to ensure we provide you the right environment/work/life balance. http://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader, we have committed to interview all candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role. (minimum criteria is highlighted in bold)
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here
ITV, where creativity, diversity and collaboration put us right at the heart of popular culture.