H&S Compliance Manager
Salary will start at £36,684with opportunities to progress within the role up to the maximum of £40,352
Develop, manage and maintain standards and systems which support the needs of the Met Office, by effectively minimising or mitigating risks, and ensuring compliance with legislative and or policy requirements.
- Create, review and modify Met Office H&S policies or operating procedures and systems to comply with external standards and regulations.
- Operate as a trusted, H&S expert advisor, to the Met Office Executive and senior managers on new and emerging compliance areas to ensure the Met Office meets its statutory obligations.
- Design and implement improvements in H&S to enhance communication, monitoring and enforcement of compliance standards to ensure all staff are aware of their responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external bodies and regulatory organisations, partner organisations and suppliers to ensure the business has access to best practice and is aware of changes to statutory obligations.
- Develop and maintain systems that effectively monitor and measure Met Office performance, identify risks and enable continual improvement.
- Manage and motivate members of the team to ensure continual professional development.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
1. Demonstrable operational H&S experience including developing H&S policies and procedures, advising and training staff on H&S practices, reviewing contractors’ Risk Assessments and Methods Statements (RAMS) and working with relevant inspectors and trade unions.
2. Proven track record in managing and motivating a team to fully realise their potential
3. Excellent skills in clear and compelling communication to influence at a senior level and achieve positive H&S outcomes.
4. Ability to analyse complex information and produce documents that can be read and understood by those who are not experts in H&S.
5. Qualified to at least Grad IOSH membership or equivalent and provide evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) in H&S.
6. Proven technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
1. Experience of auditing H&S Management Systems.2. Chartered IOSH Membership or equivalent.3. Experience of Facilities Management.
Additional Supplementary Information:
To apply, please click on the ‘apply’ button below.
Key Dates: Closing date 15th September 2019 with interviews expected 30th September. Please note that you will be notified if you are successful or unsuccessful.
Should you be offered an interview, please be aware there may be a selection exercise which could include a presentation, written test or a scenario-based activity. If you require any reasonable adjustments during these exercises, please include this information in your application.
Please note, when joining the Met Office all new employees will start on the salary band minimum.
For operational reasons this post will be based in Exeter.
This recruitment post is not offering UK Visa and Sponsorship and therefore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the UK / EU without restriction. If you are a non–EU candidate, you will be required to provide and attach all relevant eligibility documentation to your application at the time of applying.
Please note that successful candidate/s will be required to satisfactorily undergo security clearance checks. This will generally require the candidate to have lived in the UK for at least three out of the last five years.