Head of Corporate Communications
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced corporate communications professional to join a fast-growing, innovative company. Reporting into the VP Global Communications, in this role you’ll be responsible for managing our day-to-day external corporate communications as well as developing and implementing our corporate communications plans in the UK and around the world.
This is currently an independent contributor role and you’ll also be responsible for managing our corporate communications agencies and providing corporate comms support and advice to our international markets to help us build and protect our brand as we grow.
We’re Bulb, an independent, technology-led renewable energy company. We are a purpose driven business that has developed a unique operating model to provide the lowest cost renewable energy to UK homes and businesses.
Based in the heart of London’s vibrant start-up community, we are also the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status. We believe people are ready for an energy company they can feel good about.
Bulb cares deeply about building a high performing, diverse and inclusive team and we work hard to lead by example in this.
- You’ll develop and implement our corporate communications plans in the UK and around the world.
- You’ll be responsible for helping to develop our corporate messaging, working with our executives to refine our talk tracks and narratives.
- You’ll manage Bulb’s day-to-day press office activities, working with our agencies to quickly respond to enquiries and identify opportunities.
- You’ll build and maintain relationships with media, policymakers and other stakeholders.
- You’ll identify industry trends and issues that may be relevant to Bulb.
- You’ll work on high profile speaking engagements, campaigns and projects.
- You’ll act as the primary contact for our corporate agencies on a day-to-day basis.
- You’ll manage our speaking opportunities, events and awards calendar.
- You’ll prepare executives for interviews and speaking opportunities
- You’ll sign off on communications including statements and messaging for executive presentations.
- You have at least 8 years of communications experience, including in house experience of reputation management and corporate communications
- You have a proven track record of working with senior leaders to advise on communications strategy while also delivering at the tactical/operational level – you should be able to create a media strategy as well as work directly with reporters to implement it
- You have strong media relationships, ideally in the energy or tech sectors
- You have excellent writing and presentation skills
- You have experience with a wide range of communication channels including digital, broadcast, and print
- Experience working across various markets and/or regions
- You’re exceptionally well organised and can move long-term projects forwards while dealing with immediate priorities
- You’ve worked in a fast-growing company, are comfortable working with ambiguity and see opportunity in change
- You show good judgment and would be an ambassador for our values at Bulb
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, share options, and bonus
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
- 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
- Healthcare, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
- Cycle to work scheme; activities to improve your mental & physical well being, including office yoga and meditation; monthly team socials
- One month sabbatical leave after your first year
- Tea, coffee, fruit and snacks throughout the day
- Free breakfast on Mondays