Head of Delivery
Do you have experience in leading a Delivery function in an Agile environment?
As a Delivery leader, are you focused on value realization?
This role is home working for the time being, but when our offices open back up, we’re flexible on location. Working from home a few days per week was the ‘norm’ for us, so we’re open to those further out from West Yorkshire.
Who Are Emerald:
Emerald Publishing is a global publisher linking research and practice. Founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that advance research and practice. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference. We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform.
Part of Emerald Group, a global learning organisation with a presence in 130 countries worldwide, bringing together Emerald Publishing and Emerald Works. With our roots in publishing, and bringing research to life, our learning solutions provides learners with the insight and tools they need to improve performance and excel in the workplace.
Role & Team:
In this Head of Delivery role, you’ll join the wider Technology team at Emerald Publishing, taking up responsibility for creating and maintaining the framework in which Emerald’s technology projects and programmes can be successfully implemented.
This includes leading the Delivery team of Project Managers, Business Analysts, Agile Delivery Managers, Agile Coach and Scrum Masters. You’ll lead the definition and delivery of the portfolio, directly manage strategic programmes and develop our Delivery function.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Alongside supporting & developing the Delivery team, driving the delivery strategy and collaborating widely across the business, some of the key areas of focus include:
- In this role you’ll work with the Emerald Value streams, to create and maintain a lean portfolio pipeline that reflects business priorities and constraints.
- A key part of this role is to ensure the efficiency of delivery and enablement of value realization.
- Alongside the Project Managers, Product Owners, the Scrum Master and implementation team, ensure that value chains of work are managed effectively through governance, planning, implementation and deployment processes.
- Ensure that strategic programmes have the appropriate governance and processes around them. Manage dependencies between workstreams and identify risks.
- You’ll work with Value streams to define delivery budgets ensuring there is a clear investment case for value realisation. Part of this includes the creation resource and investment plans, mapping to delivery plans, and identifying bottlenecks
Who We’re looking For:
- Do you have extensive experience of leading multi-stream technology programmes?
- Are you able to effectively shape programmes and projects using a variety of delivery frameworks, methodologies and tools?
- We’re looking for an individual with expertise in agile principles and direct practical knowledge of Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Do you have knowledge in Lean development approaches, including prototyping?
- In this role you’ll need experience of portfolio management / reporting, as well as supporting business change sponsors to make delivery friction-free.
- Are you a leader with strong organisation and planning skills, including experience of both traditional and Agile/Lean frameworks?
- Do you have excellent communication, influencing, negotiation and conflict resolution skills?
- We’re look for someone with strong understanding of Value management (benefits and prioritisation).
- Are you able to effectively present to technical & non-technical audiences including and concept reduction skills?
- We’re looking for a leader who can drive delivery and support teams to focus on value.
*We are not currently working with recruitment agencies on this vacancy*
*Please apply ASAP as interviews may commence before the closing date*
What’s in It for You:
We value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working and working from home, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Based at our head office in Bingley, you’ll also have access to a newly refurbished café, staff lounge, wellbeing room, free onsite gym, and as sponsors of Headingley Stadium you can receive free tickets to selected Rugby and Cricket matches.