Head of Editorial, New Markets (Maternity Cover)
Head of Editorial - New Markets, BritBox International (Maternity Cover)
9 Month Fixed Term Contract
About BritBox International
BritBox International is a streaming service delivering the best British TV box-sets to audiences around the world. The ITV- and BBC-backed SVOD offers critically-acclaimed drama; crime, cult; classic comedy, entertainment shows and powerful, contemporary documentaries across a wide range of connected devices and TV platforms. Following successful launches in the US, Canada, UK and most recently in Australia in November 2020, it is now preparing to launch in multiple further territories in 2021 and beyond.
We are looking for a Head of Editorial - New Markets to join the BritBox International team as Maternity cover, at a key time as we prepare to launch into multiple new territories.
The role’s main purpose is lead on all editorial aspects of launching BritBox in new target markets with impact and effectiveness.
This role will define the content editorial strategy for new territories in line with overall BritBox International Brand Strategy, and reflecting local market characteristics and content availability. This will include planning and leading the selection, acquisition and scheduling of programming, for purposes of optimising and developing the overall subscriber value proposition from a content perspective.
Working within agreed budgets, this role will identify the shows that will be brand definers for the service, and work closely with marketing colleagues to define a Year 1 schedule that optimises the release of titles over time.
The role will involve liaising closely with BritBox editorial leads in other territories, and with a range of shareholder and 3rd party content distribution and sales teams to identify and secure programme rights. The Head of Editorial will also line manage an Editorial Manager role, which is currently being recruited.
The Head of Editorial will work closely with the New Markets Launch DIrector and content operations, product, creative and marketing team colleagues based in New York, London and local territories, to ensure that the editorial proposition and associated metadata and imagery appear within the service on a timely basis and to a consistently high standard.
- Define the BritBox editorial proposition in upcoming new markets, and to oversee and continue developing the editorial proposition in South Africa during and beyond launch.
- To develop these propositions taking into consideration territory specific research, plus learnings from other BritBox Markets
- Work with shareholder sales team to determine content availability
- Establish and maintain effective relationships, and identify content availability from 3rd Party Content Providers
- Optimising content selection and acquisitions to fit approved budgets
- Working with the Launch Director, to negotiate content acquisition on time, and within agreed budgets.
- Communicating launch editorial strategy and tentpoles to key workstream- Product & tech, Content Ops, Marketing, PR, Creative, Customer Service
- Plan and build monthly/ weekly schedule for handover to operational editorial team in NA
- Line manage the New Markets Editorial Manager, providing appropriate support and guidance on prioritisation of key tasks
- Work closely with scheduling & merchandising, compliance, product and operations teams to ensure all content appears on all platforms as scheduled, and on a Quality Assured basis
What do I need to get this role/job?
- Experience of working with research, insight and editorial teams to develop scheduled premium SVOD propositions
- Significant experience of premium VOD content rights acquisition and licensing, for broadcast and/or SVOD
BritBox International strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader, we have committed to interview all candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role. (minimum criteria above)
- Extensive British TV programme knowledge, with excellent editorial
- judgement and sensitivity
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to articulate and drive forward programming ambitions.
- Ability to influence strategic thinking at senior levels
- Strong understanding of online TV trends and the international digital TV and SVOD landscape
- Ability to understand on demand audience needs and behaviours and translate these into effective scheduling
- and curation priorities.
- An understanding of new audience behaviours around television consumption via new devices and platforms.
- Self-starter with an Entrepreneurial flair, collaborative and with ability to thrive in a ‘start-up’ environment
We're happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything... our email is email@example.com. Find out more here
Closing date: Thursday 22nd April
Find out more about our benefits http://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here