Head of Engineering for Commercial and Contract Management
If you are you motivated by working in a dynamic environment that serves millions of passengers each year, then please read on. We have an opportunity for someone who is passionate about people and teams, has a natural curiosity to care about customers, adept at building relationships and a desire to continually improve.
Are you motivated by working in a dynamic environment?
Are you passionate about people and teams?
Do you have a natural curiosity to care about your customers?
Are you adept at building relationships?
Do you have a desire to continuously improve?
As a hub airport; Heathrow is the home to a host of airlines from across the globe. It attracts passengers and colleagues that come from a variety of cultures and backgrounds all with different needs and expectations. In joining the Heathrow Engineering leadership team, your role is key in making sure everything works when it needs to as well as helping influence and shape the future.
As one of the busiest airports in the world the team have a large remit and are responsible for the safe reliable operation of terminals building, runways, rail systems, security systems, utilities and services to name a few!
As Head of Commercial and contract management you will be vital in defining the future Engineering contracting strategy as well as leading the commercial activities across Engineering to ensure consistency, value and service are optimised from the c.80 contracts and circa £110m spend per annum
With Heathrow Expansion on the horizon it is a chance to grow your career in an organisation that puts its people at the heart of what we do as well as to make a difference to your teams and the customers and passengers we serve.
Your Role Will Involve:
- Being responsible for working with Procurement to build a forward supplier strategy for all Engineering; including analysis of supply market and trends, current performance, opportunities, business experience and requirements to deliver additional cost and performance opportunities which meet business objectives.
- Directing a structured management strategy for current suppliers in Engineering; tailored appropriately for each supplier and be responsible for the delivery of measured service benefits, improvements and change. Maintaining supplier development, relationship and performance.
- Developing a contract strategy for Engineering to align with Heathrow’s vision of fewer but larger partners, whilst also maintaining an element of competition and resilience.
- Being part of a team where the work is genuinely rewarding.As a team we truly believe diverse talent makes us stronger and are looking for an individual who is authentic, collaborative and adaptable.
- Creating and sustaining a supplier relationship management strategy for Engineering.This includes: classification and categorisation of contracts, application of the appropriate governance/engagement as well as account management and performance monitoring.This will ensure the highest levels of supplier efficiency, utilisation and value is being achieved to meet Heathrow’s strategic objectives.
These Skills are Essential:
- Extensive supplier management experience within a complex multi-national organisation
- Experience of having led and maintained the relationship with an outsourced Engineering services provider.
- Collaborative leadership skills with demonstrated track record of leading high-performance teams.
- Excellent relationship management skills and ability to demonstrate a range of influencing techniques
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- Educated to degree and/or CIPS qualified or equivalent experience
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension and bonus scheme, life assurance and access to private health insurance. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll support you in developing your skills and capabilities to help you reach your full potential.
A career with us also means being part of an organisation that cares about the community. In addition to your core role there are many varied opportunities to volunteer and get involved in Community projects. Our plan is to meet growing passenger demand in a sustainable way that builds a positive impact on our community – and the environment. That’s why, by 2030, we want at least half of all journeys to the airport to be made by public and sustainable transport. We have a range of initiatives designed to help people to get to and from work sustainably, from subsidised public transport through to car sharing and a Cycle to Work scheme.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to succeed and explore the countless career destinations that are available here. #LI-POST