Head of Facilities & Workplace
We think creatively, challenging conventions if there's a better way to get things done. The facilities and Workplace team is going through exciting changes and you could be the person supporting these exciting changes.
Salary c. £95,000
As a Head of F&W (Facilities and Workplace) you will be responsible for:
- Leading, managing and motivating staff across the F&W team
- Working with the F&W leadership team, Finance and other relevant stakeholders to agree the delivery-planning cycle and to anticipate and meet future needs, including on-going control of costs within agreed budgets and regular analysis and reporting
- Overseeing the delivery of appropriate and relevant capital/building-related projects and effective environmental sustainability strategies, ensuring legislative compliance and continuous improvement through robust process and appropriate accreditation schemes
- More broadly:
- Ensuring excellence, and value for money, in the provision of all services within the remit of the role
- Overseeing the development of best practice policies, systems and procedures in support of departmental objectives as well as appropriate reporting in order to gauge client satisfaction, value for money and sustainability
- Overseeing the procurement of externally sourced services and professional/project support in a manner which furthers the best interests of the Trust
- Developing key relationships with business stakeholders, including Risk and Health & Safety, and strategic supply partners
- Maintaining appropriate risk registers and ensure business continuity plans remain appropriate and up to date for the team
To view full job description, click here.
Experience & Skills
- A track record of leading an FM function which supports business objectives and strategy
- Proven experience of managing a complex function with multiple stakeholders
- A track record of effective and inspirational leadership in a multi-function team
- Experience delivering high-value service contract procurement and management
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent internal client engagement, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and project management skills.
- Strong budget management skills
Education & Qualifications
Qualified to degree level (BA or BSc, non-specific) or equivalent through experience.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us at .