Head of Marketing
We’re looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to help us in our mission to close the disability employment gap. The role is for a minimum of 25 hours per week. We will consider applications from candidates who want full time (37 hours a week) or from candidates who wish to job-share a full-time role. Please state your preference when you apply.
Evenbreak is an award-winning social enterprise run by and for disabled people. Our vision is for disabled people to enjoy the same opportunities to thrive in the workplace as non-disabled people. Our services include our specialist job board, a career hive packed with resources, coaching and mentoring services and also a best practice portal to help employers become more confident and competent around inclusion and accessibility.
As a social firm, we only employ disabled people, all of whom work from home flexibly. Every member of our team makes a valuable contribution, and we all share Evenbreak's values which are:
Inclusion - Our aim is to ensure everyone feels included and heard in each contact with Evenbreak – whether applying for roles, advertising positions, using our coaching services or working at Evenbreak.
Impact - We focus on having a positive impact on the lives of disabled people by providing better work prospects and helping our employers feel confident they are getting the best possible talent for their organisations.
Integrity - At our heart is a strong sense of honesty in our courage, rooted in our lived experience of disability. We practice what we preach, and do not shy away from calling out discrimination or inappropriate behaviour. We are not afraid to pose challenging questions.
Professionalism - For us, professionalism means fulfilling our work commitments in a timely manner, being reliable and accountable in everything we do, and how we do it. We treat each other with respect, reflected in the way we behave and interact with our clients, colleagues and candidates.
Trail Blazing - We want to keep moving forward as an organisation, with optimistic and curious colleagues who question and challenge the status quo. Evenbreak is not a static entity, but aims to grow by disrupting and innovating, while engaging with, learning from and inspiring our colleagues, clients and candidates.
Our social aims are:
1. to help inclusive employers attract more talented disabled candidates
2. to help disabled candidates find work with employers who will value their skills
3. to promote best practice around inclusion and accessibility in the workplace
We have won a number of awards, are a Disability Confident Leader, a Living Wage employer, an accredited social enterprise and a social firm.
We need someone to work collaboratively with an existing team of talented marketers and to share knowledge, whilst having an overview of all the marketing activities and coordinating them.
We only employ disabled people, so you will have lived experience of being disabled or having a long-term health condition. This can include neuro-diverse people, and people with conditions involving mobility, sight or hearing loss, mental health, learning disability, or any other condition which means you face barriers that others don't.
- Ideally you will have CIM (Level 6 or higher) qualifications; however, experience also counts, along with the enthusiasm, drive and strength to really make a difference and contribute something of value to disabled candidates in the UK.
- You will have experience of creating comprehensive marketing and communication strategies, putting together plans, delivering them and reporting on outcomes.
- You will have experience managing a team, setting goals and objectives and developing talent.
- Ideally you will have some experience of press & journalist relations but this is not essential.
- You will have strong communication skills – written or verbal and will be able to clearly articulate the business benefits of employing disabled candidates, using the social model of disability.
- You'll be keen to play a valuable part in growing and developing a unique and increasingly prominent organisation in the disability employment space. In return, there is the opportunity to develop this role and progress within the organisation.
Most importantly, you will share our belief that any disabled person who wants to work has the right to the same opportunities to do so as anyone else. That disabled people are a valuable source of talent for organisations, and there is a compelling business case to employ us.
You will be happy to work on your own initiative from home, whilst being a valuable part of a team. We work in a very collaborative way with a weekly team meeting and daily afternoon tea so you can chat with colleagues and bounce ideas around.
About the Role
This is a management role.
- You’ll develop and deliver the Evenbreak marketing and communication plan.
- You’ll encourage skill sharing and collaboration within the Marketing team, making sure that every member feels supported and is able to work to their best potential.
- You’ll report on marketing activities and outcomes.
- We run regular events both online and (covid permitting) face to face so you’ll be involved in event management.
- You’ll ensure brand guidelines are followed by the whole Evenbreak team and help to develop an image library.
- You’ll seek out stories and opportunities to promote Evenbreak and the work we do. This might be from working alongside our Account Management team to find stories from Employers or our coaches to explore stories from Candidates.
You’ll contribute to business development by:
- Keeping up to date with current thinking around disability inclusion
- Attending events, conferences, exhibitions as required
- Giving feedback to the team from campaigns
- Contributing ideas for improving existing practice and future growth
The role will be carried out from home. Hours can be flexible, decent salary (up to £37,000 a year, pro rata depending on experience), decent holidays (5 weeks a year plus bank holidays, pro rata), opportunities to develop new skills and contribute to the ongoing success of Evenbreak.
Evenbreak use Zoom for video meetings, Microsoft Teams for co-working and file sharing and Hubspot for our CRM tool. Full training will be given.
About the recruitment process
We really want to find the right person/people for this role. Whatever your disability, if you think you can offer what is described above, we are interested in hearing from you.
You can use email/covering letter or a video application demonstrating how you meet the criteria.
We don’t use CVs at Evenbreak. In the first instance we’d like you to cover the topics below (no more than 300 words per topic if written responses please):
- Tell us about a marketing campaign that you’re particularly proud of
- Tell us about how you’d go about researching a new audience and choosing how you’d market to them (it doesn’t have to be our audience – you can choose your own)
- Tell us about a time you found an innovative solution to a problem
- Tell us about a time you helped or coached a colleague
Your covering letter/video submission should also let us know how you meet the person specification above and what you will be bringing to Evenbreak.
Most importantly, we really want you to be able to shine in the recruitment process and show us your best self. Please let us know how we can ensure this happens - we are open to ideas.
We will contact all candidates to let them know if they are through to the next stage which will be an interview.
How to apply
Click apply and upload your covering letter/application, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are sending a link to a video application.