Head of Procurement & Supply Chain
The Head of Supply Chain & Procurement will be providing support to the Project Management Team, reporting directly to Commercial Managing Director.
Proficient in the procurement role, gained through deep and broad experience built on concepts and principles. Disciplined and commercially astute with the ability to identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risk, taking ownership and responsibility. The Head of Procurement & Supply Chain shall be responsible for the management of the implementation and ongoing assurance that at all times of the Joint Venture’s governance procedures and ensuring compliance with any contract specific requirements.
A comfortable decision-maker, who uses their experience, skill and ethical judgment to develop industry leading procedures to help with the implementation of policy into operational plans.
Within a defined delegated level of authority, this role is responsible for helping deliver the SCS Procurement Strategy and strategic objectives.
- Ensuring all procurement is carried out in an ethical, transparent, and fair way;
- Overseeing all procurement of packages in accordance with the SCS Procurement Plan, SCS Policies, Plans and Procedures;
- Providing procurement advice to the Contract Leader and/or Joint Venture Executive Management team;
- Manage and co-ordinate the Area Senior Procurement and Supply Chain leads (5 direct reports), who in turn lead and manage the procurement and supply chain function (+/-35 members staff).
- Manage productive and collaborative relationships with all stakeholders (both internal and external) involved in the procurement process ensuring stakeholders are dealt with in a professional, open and collaborative way;
- Consider and co-ordinate the generic synergies between the three areas and other MWCC’s ensuring our procedures are undertaken on an ethical, fair and transparent basis demonstrating open market or competitively tendered pricing to deliver value for money on a ‘best for project’ basis.
- Contribute and support all management communication both internal and external (Dashboards, Board Reports, Portal, News, etc.)
- Supporting the development, implementation, and operation of a Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) system to digitize the procurement and supply chain process activities
- Delivery of the sustainable procurement objectives including providing support at supply chain focused events
- Contribute to developing individuals within the procurement team providing tailored training as appropriate
- Work closely with the Supply Chain Lead to improve levels of performance of the supply chain, sensitively manage supplier relations and ensure B2B meetings are held twice yearly.
- Support the Supply Chain Lead to embed Iso 20400 Sustainable Procurement practices to ensure we source in a responsible and sustainable way.
- Collaborate with other MWCC’s and HS2 in accordance with the Collaborative Procurement Hub Terms of Reference and represent SCS JV.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
- Full Member of a Professional Institution (CIPS / RICS / ICE / ICES etc).
- Procurement professional with proven experience in a lead procurement role on a major project (£250m+).
- Strong understanding of construction contracts.
- Strong understanding of Collaborative working, engaging with supply chain to upskill and leaving a legacy with SMEs.
- Strategic thinker
- Proven leader, able to motivate, inspire and manage large teams across different geographical areas.
- Excellent communication and Customer facing skills with a high emotional intelligence to manage and interact with other members of the functional and delivery teams.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role. Please note: Currently we are unable to offer sponsorship therefore all applicants are requested to ensure they can demonstrate their right to work in the UK.