Head of Quality
In order to ensure that the SCSJV deliver products that meet the clients requirements and the statutory and regulatory obligations and are of appropriate quality SCS JV are implementing a progressive assurance approach . The Head of Quality is a strategic role intended to lead the development and implementation of the Quality Strategy Processes and Systems on the Project. The role reports to the Head of Compliance and Assurance
Hs2 is a Mega Project and SCSJV are delivering the Main Works Civils for the Southern Portion of the railway. Lot S1 is the final link of the new HS2 railway between Old Oak Common and London Euston stations, and involves provision of all the main infrastructure required to allow track and rail systems to be laid by other contractors. Lot S2 is provides the railway link between Lot S1 at Old Oak Common Station and Lot C1 at Harvil Road.
The Head of Quality has the following remit:
- Assisting the Head of Compliance and Assurance in developing the strategy and processes necessary to assure quality through the delivery stages of the lifecycle.
- Advising on the selection and developing appropriate systems to ensure compliance with the works information whilst enable the project to work towards a paper free quality assurance system.
- Develop the job descriptions for Quality Roles and set the competence requirements for quality practitioners across the project
- Assess and advise on Client needs and requirements for effective quality control.
- Assisting the Head of Compliance and Assurance and Area Leadership in developing the Quality Assurance Organisation tasked with implementing above.
- Ensuring that quality is fully embedded in the procurement process for subcontractors and suppliers.
- Act as an ambassador for the project in Quality Assurance with internal and external stakeholders through arranging events and activities / campaigns to promote quality through thought leadership.
- Investigate innovative approaches to improve quality process and their implementation to improve efficiency and safety
- Maintaining an awareness of new and proposed legislation that impacts the project and communicating any changes to the Project Leadership team
- Identifying and investigating areas of quality risk / issues and make appropriate recommendations for corrective action.
- Providing guidance to the wider project team on quality matters
- Managing motivating coaching and mentoring quality assurance team members as necessary.
- The successful candidate will have extensive experience of delivering quality management on large infrastructure projects
- Experience of developing Quality Management Systems from setting the strategy to developing and implementing processes;
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary/complex project environment;
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Credible in building relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work flexibly.
- Experience of implementing information management systems and digital / on line tools to manage quality records
- Understanding of BIM and Asset Information Management Systems;
- A background in Civil Engineering
- Experience of Major Rail Projects
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role. Please note: Currently we are unable to offer sponsorship therefore all applicants are requested to ensure they can demonstrate their right to work in the UK.