Head of Supplier Management
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
It's an exciting time to be part of the Heathrow team. In June 2018, Parliament gave us the go ahead for Expansion. This isn’t just about a new runway. It’s about transforming the UK’s hub airport and securing the UK’s future place in the world.
This landmark decision will generate economic growth benefits worth up to £187 billion and create up to 180,000 new jobs across the UK. What’s more, it’ll pave the way for new domestic routes and up to 40 new international destinations. Construction will begin in 2021, but the work to make this huge project happen begins now. Which is why we’re looking for a whole host of people to join our Expansion department in areas from Finance and Airline Strategy to Community & Stakeholders.
Join us as a Head of Supplier Management and you’ll have huge scope to make your mark on what will be one of Europe’s largest infrastructure projects. You’ll shape its success in all sorts of ways, focusing in particular on our local communities, a more sustainable future, our millions of passengers, businesses in the UK and beyond, and all of your colleagues working at the airport.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and, in IT, flexible working. We actively try to create part-time opportunities and use remote technologies to enable people to work from home.
We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
The Head of Supplier Management is functionally responsible to the Commercial Delivery Director. Develops strong relationships with other Heads Of around key commercial interfaces including Head of Pre-Contract, Head of Procurement and Head of Post-Contract. Collaborates with the Head of Estimating & Head of Commercial Assurance. Is an active and member of the HEP Commercial Leadership Team to drive attainment of overarching goals as well as develop team members.
Your Role Will Involve:
- Working closely with the other Commercial “Heads of” bringing the supplier management aspect into their responsibilities.They will regularly interact and support their peers within the Commercial Delivery Team.
- Leading and managing the Supplier Management team, supported by a small team including key roles: “supplier engagement lead” and a “supplier performance lead”. The team will comprise both directly employed resources and others engaged through third party commercial services consultancy support.
- As the Expansion Programme evolves, it is important that the Head of Supplier Management builds an effective team to support the programme.This will include the recruitment and mobilisation of new additional staff as well as the continuous improvement of the existing team through an appropriate developed training and development scheme.
- Working hand in hand with the Commercial Delivery Director, the Head of Supplier Management will own and be accountable for the strategy of supplier management from concept, implementation, execution and evolution through continuous enhancement. The strategy will enable HEP to attract, secure and retain the best suppliers and optimise their performance to ensure successful delivery of HEP. Successful Supplier Management is fundamental to the successful outcome of HEP.
We're Looking for People Who Have:
- Graduate level supported by professional qualifications e.g. MRICS, or able to demonstrate equivalent capability.
- Relevant post qualification experience in Construction or Professional Services with evidence of a Commercial and Contractual bias.
- A well proven track record in Supply Chain Management and supplier relationship management.
- Demonstrable expertise in operating as a Senior Supply Chain Manager across large complex supply chains on high profile public sector capital works infrastructure programmes.
- Strong experience with a Tier 1 contracting organisation in the infrastructure sector
- Broad experience of delivering major programmes over £1bn.
- Experience of providing a service to customers within a commercial function and co-creating the outcome.Ability to be flexible in the development of solutions.
- Experience of developing and implementing supplier performance systems for infrastructure programmes
- Experience of leading an integrated team involving supplier partnering organisations.
- Experience in leading and managing teams across different locations.
- Experience in coaching and motivating staff to deliver high levels of performance.
- Experience of working hand-in-hand with Directors to manage upwards and provide
- Ability to engage large complex supply chains and Industry Groups at a senior level.
- Excellent written and communications skills including presentation experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and team organisational skills
- Strong knowledge of the infrastructure market and organisations across the full breadth of the traditional supply chain including client, contractor, subcontractor and consultancy services.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality. #LI-EXPANSION