Health & Safety Manager-Commercial Projects
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. Making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
As the UK’s premier international airport, it’s vital for us to maintain a sharp commercial edge. Join us as a Health & Safety Manager - Commercial Projects and you’ll be part of a Commercial team that drives our profitability across everything from property and retail through to passenger services like parking and the aeronautical side of things. Generating income is important, but it’s also vital that we create positive passenger and customer experiences. That we make every journey better. You’ll help us to get the balance right – not least so we can continue investing in our world-class environment. We’re already a profitable airport and, with expansion in the pipeline, this is an exciting time for you to get on board.
Join Heathrow and be an incredibly important part of the 80 million passenger journeys we make happen each year.
Your role will involve:
- Embedding safety, well-being and fire safety procedures and hazard mitigation across all commercial business partner construction & maintenance works.
- Proactively identifying areas for safety improvements in line with company policy & procedures and legislative requirements, guidance and best practice.
- Measuring contractor performance to produce meaningful and influential information to demonstrate assurance against the Commercial Department risk register, and other forums and manage reporting as appropriate.
- Coordinating with Heathrow Safety improvement team and development to have consistent, meaningful and effective behavioural safety training / guidance.
- Understanding how to prepare people to optimise the construction delivery, making it safe, efficient and enabling high quality, be the owner of the pre-start documentation for all commercial construction sites.
These skills are essential:
- Degrees in engineering, construction, business and management, followed by a qualification in occupational health and safety, such as a masters, NVQ, BSC or NEBOSH national diploma.
- Experience working with construction projects in a commercial environment, project delivery and construction activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven experience of managing stakeholder relationships at every level.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Degrees in health and safety or risk management.