Help Desk Operative (109191)
Posted: 5 Dec 2019 Closes: 17 Mar 2020
Help Desk Operative-109191
Help Desk Operative
Veolia is Ireland’s leading environmental services company. We provide a comprehensive range of energy, waste and water solutions and are dedicated to carbon reduction, protecting the environment and building the circular economy.
Overview of the role:
Reporting to the helpdesk supervisor, we are seeking a highly motivated, confident and safety conscious individual to deliver internal mail room services to a large industrial client in the greater Belfast area. You will be responsible for collection and delivery of mail across six sites within the greater Belfast area ensuring agreed timelines are met.
Day to day of the role:
- Supporting operations teams including rounds and reading completion
- PPM documentation support and close out of help desk jobs
- Provide day cover for absenteeism and holidays
- Arranging distribution of monthly pension and pay slips
- Franking outgoing mail ready for collection by Royal Mail
- Sign for incoming special deliveries and arrange distribution as a priority task
- Prepare special deliveries and courier packages ready for collection from sub contractor
- Dealing with customers ensuring individual requirements are met
- Updating KPI's ready for monthly report
- Act as support to facilities helpdesk
Required skills for this role:
- Knowledge of Microsoft office package including excel and word
- Experience of working in a customer facing role would be ideal
- Full clean driving licence
- Self-motivated individual who is happy working alone as well as part of a team.
- Flexible individual who will be able to meet the demand of a dynamic business environment
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland
If you are a non - EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland.
Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining green card permits, work permits, spousal/dependant permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation website