HR Business Partner
An exciting time to join the Met Office with the newly formed People Directorate. This is a great opportunity to join the team and partner with the business areas to deliver the Met Office strategy.
An experienced HR professional, your enthusiasm for finding business focused solutions will be evident through a proven track record. Equipped with the underpinning HR and business theory, you will have a pragmatic approach to translating this knowledge into value adding initiatives. The Partners team work very closely with the business and have a great opportunity to influence and make a real impact.
- Apply knowledge of business requirements, analytics, current trends and HR best practice to proactively identify opportunities to shape strategy and improve performance.
- Partner business managers to proactively plan and support successful implementation of strategy to ensure the business has the capacity and agility to meet current and future business requirements through its people.
- Manage the relationship between the People Directorate and the business area, working together with HR colleagues to source and deliver appropriate solutions to meet business requirements.
- Coach, mentor and guide managers to build capability, resilience and performance in people management to enable delivery of business results.
- Drive improvements in service across HR through communicating business priorities and ensuring programs of activity align to key business drivers.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrable HR expertise in a technical/specialist business with evidence of proactively driving and delivering pragmatic people solutions.
- Outcome focused with demonstrable experience in leading HR projects to ensure successful delivery.
- Ability to evaluate MI and evidence risk analysis and successful decision-making.
- Strong cross-functional team working skills with demonstrable evidence of building productive working relationships with colleagues cross organisation and operating collaboratively to deliver shared objectives.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- CIPD Membership
Additional Supplementary Information:
To apply, please click on the link below and attach the most recent version of your CV, along with a cover letter which briefly (no more than two-pages) states your experience against each essential and desirable criteria.
Closing date 29/11/2020 with interviews expected W/C. 14/12/2020 Please note that you will be notified if you are successful or unsuccessful.
Should you be offered an interview, please be aware there may be a selection exercise which could include a presentation, written test or a scenario-based activity. If you require any reasonable adjustments during these exercises, please include this information in your application.
At present, all interviews will take place remotely via Skype.
This role will nominally be based in Exeter but we will consider applicants wishing to work elsewhere within the UK.
Whilst this temporary post is for 12 months, there is the potential for it to develop into a permanent position.
We recognise that Great Minds Don’t Think Alike. Consequently, the Met Office is committed to working towards being a more diverse and inclusive organisation and to valuing and utilising visible and invisible individual differences. This includes continually striving to create a positive and open environment in which to work, along with ensuring that there are no barriers implicit in our policies or procedures preventing people from performing to the best of their ability. We are a “Disability Confident” employer, Mindful Employer, and we hold an Athena Swan Bronze award for our work on gender equality. We are proud to have a variety of staff-led networks who constantly work with us to enable everyone to fulfil their full potential. We are taking measures throughout our Recruitment process to tackle unconscious bias, and we apply the Civil Service Code to ensure that everyone is recruited on merit, fairness and open competition.
Please note, when joining the Met Office all new employees will start on the salary band minimum
This recruitment post is not offering UK Visa and Sponsorship and therefore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the UK / EU without restriction. If you are a non–EU candidate, you will be required to provide and attach all relevant eligibility documentation to your application at the time of applying.
Please note that successful candidate/s will be required to satisfactorily undergo security clearance checks. This will generally require the candidate to have lived in the UK for at least three out of the last five years.