Human Resources Business Partner
Job Title: HRBP
Hours: Full time (Monday – Friday)
Salary: Competitive + Generous benefit package
Location: CH62 4UY, Port Sunlight, Wirral
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most iconic factories and become part of an enthusiastic, engaged and driven team in our Port Sunlight Unilever factory.
Unilever is world renowned for its brands, be it PG Tips, Persil, Comfort, Knorr, Hellmann’s, and Pot Noodle, which are all manufactured at our various UK sites. In this role you will be the primary HR Business Partner to the site that today produces the products that have kept communities supplied with the everyday needs they depend on.
Home care (fabric washes and conditioners), home and hygiene (bleach and surface sprays), and personal care (shower gel and shampoo) including the brands Persil, Domestos, Comfort and Lynx are all produced at Port Sunlight.
The HRBP role supports the two Factory Works Directors on site and their respective leadership teams. Ensuring that, through working with the other HR resources, a full and comprehensive HR service is delivered to the manufacturing teams.
- Understand the broad business and functional context.
- Identify what is happening in the organisation and within the respective teams and to use this insight to improve business and team performance, and work with the site leadership team to develop site strategy.
- Partner 2 Works Directors (and their leadership teams) across 4 factories to drive performance through leading and embedding site collaboration and development initiatives.
- Use diagnostic tools to plan and implement development interventions for the leadership teams and a site workforce of over 500 people.
- Lead the People pillars under the Unilever Supply Chain System. In particular, lead the WCM People Development Pillar, and HR for Factories strategy, so as to ensure the optimisation of the organisation and team design, to improve performance.
- Be accountable for the site ER/IR strategy & deliver it through building a strong relationship with the Trade Union, coaching managers, and by ensuring a strong understanding and compliance with employment law and risk mitigation.
- Coach the management teams on performance and reward decisions, to ensure compliance to policies.
- Lead the annual pay negotiations, alongside the Site Director.
- In conjunction with the broader HR team, ensure the delivery of, and the compliance with, Unilever HR policies, processes and local employment/labour legislation for all employees.
- Line Manage a team of 3 (2 People Experience Leads and a Learning & Development lead) and lead the full team of 6 to success.
- Undertake HR projects as required to support the broader SC HR team.
- You have experience of working with Trade Unions and negotiations
- Relevant experience in HR systems and processes
- Have worked in a manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of key HR processes, roles and responsibilities across the entire HR lifecycle
- Relevant experience in ER/IR systems and process in a complex environment
- Ideally has had experience of HR service centre environment and/or expertise teams as well as hands-on HR management experience in the business
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity