ICT Product Partner
Would you like to join Longhurst Group on an ICT transformation journey?
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our ICT Team to join as a Product Partner as we continue to deliver a large transformation programme to replace all of our core systems with Microsoft Dynamics. If you have a passion to make a real difference to technology, would like to be involved in a large scale ICT project within a complex organisation and would like the satisfaction that your work will contribute to improving lives then this may be the role for you.
When you join as Product Partner at Longhurst Group your contribution will assist in delivering high quality ICT services to members of the organisation by applying proven techniques and procedures to facilitate the delivery of technology solutions and digital ways of working. This role is offered on a permanent 36.25hr per week basis and will require some travel across the Group's geography (Midlands, East of England).
As Product Partner, you will:
- Develop, communicate and lead on the delivery of a compelling product vision for the affected business area/s
- Manage the detailed list of product requirements. This includes the ongoing prioritisation of requirements, ensuring the requirements meet the business need, over-arching business strategy and that benefits are realised
- Oversee the development of the product making sure that the translation of requirements meets both the vision of the product and the business strategy
- Anticipate and appreciate changing needs. The product partner needs to be on the front foot to always understand any potential changes in organisational thinking and requirements.
- Be primary liaison between the software development team and the affected business area/s
The overarching purpose of this role is to work closely with a defined business area in order to create a compelling vision for the product and elicit, prioritise, deliver and realise business requirements and benefits.
As Product Partner, you will:
- Be strongly collaborative and demonstrate the ability to create and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Strongly demonstrate the ability to solve problems in a calm and structured way
- Be mindful of the need to constantly prioritise
- Be able to represent your business area and ICT
- Be able to challenge effectively and productively
- Be highly organised with an awareness of different project management methodologies and styles
- Have strong communications skills particularly around communicating a vision for the future.
- Have a broad understanding of our organisation
Our offer has been created to underpin our two key pillars (health and wellbeing and economic resilience) and five core values: In it together, Heartfelt Service, Own it, Push the boundaries and Fun and Fair.
Demonstrating our strong investment in your health and wellbeing and economic resilience, we offer a competitive 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays and generous sick pay entitlements, as well as other paid leave.
A whole range of additional benefits, including a choice of defined benefit pension schemes, extensive learning and development opportunities. Find out more about the full range of benefits here
If your application shows that you have the right knowledge, skills and that you share our values, we can’t wait to meet you…
How to apply
For more information about the role please read the attached job description and the person specification.
Please click on the apply button at the top or bottom of this advert, where you will be taken through our application process. You will be asked to submit your experience in line with the essential criteria detailed in our person specification.
We really want to hear how you meet the criteria for this opportunity, please use the two supporting statements (4000 characters!) to really show us your talents. To ensure all candidates are treated fairly, we do not accept CVs.
(The important things – Naturally we need to complete pre-employment checks before you join us. This role is conditional upon receipt of two satisfactory references (one from your current employer).
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview. Original proof must then be provided by day one of your appointment
Longhurst Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants that reflect the diverse communities we work with. If you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact us.
Apply today #LonghurstGroup #ImprovingLives.
Applications close 4th August
Interview date w/c 9th August via MS Teams.