Informatics Lab Administrator
The Informatics Lab is a small multidisciplinary group comprising scientists, technologists and designers which prototypes new ways to use Met Office data. It is a dynamic work environment which is always taking on new challenges. They are looking for an administrator to help with the group's goal of helping shape the future of the Met Office through innovative prototyping.
The role will help provide routine administrative support to staff in the Informatics Lab to ensure effective execution of projects, management of information, activity monitoring and efficient use of resources.
1. Complete routine administrative activities for staff in the Informatics lab; this includes managing calendars, booking meeting rooms, and preparing visitor forms.
2. Organise and co-ordinate regular activities such as internal team meetings and external customer meetings and events to ensure they run effectively within the resources allocated.
3. Arrange national and international travel for staff including booking trains, hotels, and flights, and ensuring all arrangements are made within policy guidelines.
4. Provide additional routine administrative support to ad-hoc projects as required.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
1. Able to perform routine administrative tasks to a high quality and deliver day to day tasks with consistency and professionalism;
2. The ability to build relationships and work effectively with managers and staff at all levels;
3. An effective team worker, able to work with customers and business staff, and demonstrate excellent communication skills;
4. Excellent planning and organisational skills, with evidence of successfully working to deadlines and prioritising work;
5. Exhibit a flexible approach to work with a willingness to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
1. Knowledge and understanding of organisational administrative procedures, in particular (but not exclusively) procurement, claims & travel management and document management.
2. Hold NVQ Business Administration at Level 2, or have a proven track record of the ability to perform consistently at this level.
Additional Supplementary Information:
This is a part time position working 22.5 hours per week. The Met Office is an equal employer and flexible and UK homeworking requests will be considered within operational requirements. There will be a requirement for staff to attend training and induction in Exeter initially.
To apply, please click on the link below and attach the most recent version of your CV, along with a cover letter which briefly (no more than two-pages) states your experience against each essential and desirable criteria.
Closing date 04 August 2019 with interviews planned for 19 August 2019. Please note that you will be notified if you are successful or unsuccessful.
Should you be offered an interview, please be aware there may be a selection exercise which could include a presentation, written test or a scenario-based activity. If you require any reasonable adjustments during these exercises, please include this information in your application.
Please note, when joining the Met Office all new employees will start on the salary band minimum.
This recruitment post is not offering UK Visa and Sponsorship and therefore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the UK / EU without restriction. If you are a non–EU candidate you will be required to provide and attach all relevant eligibility documentation to your application at the time of applying.
Please note that successful candidate/s will be required to satisfactorily undergo security clearance checks. This will generally require the candidate to have lived in the UK for at least three out of the last five years, but applicants not meeting this criteria may be considered.
Candidates who are interviewed and appointable apply maybe considered for other similar technology and software engineering posts available in the Met Office during the next 6 months.
We are a “Disability Confident” employer, Mindful Employer, with an Athena Swan Bronze award for our work on gender equality and an LGBTi network.