As an Infrastructure SME you will support design through to delivery, forming and supporting requirements as part of Wellcome's Digital Transformation. You will conduct adequate assessments across risk, cost & operations. This will also involve supporting security and remediation activities.
As Wellcome's Digital Transformation progresses you will have the opportunity to develop in Infrastructure as a Service in our Cloud platforms, maturing Wellcome's hybrid infrastructure model.
In this role, some of the tasks will to:
- Ensure system availability by proactive and ongoing assessment of performance, remediation and continuous improvement.
- Respond on significant events or incidents through informed, assertive corrective actions (e.g. a modification, restriction or complete removal of resources or services available).
- Review and managing system & device patches, upgrades and fixes leveraging version control tools where pertinent.
- Communicate with users, colleagues and partners using appropriate methods (e.g. Service Desk tools), to inform, log and escalate.
- Identify, recommending and testing emerging technologies, products, methods and techniques which could have a benefit to Wellcome.
- Contribute to the execution of IT Disaster Recovery plans when IT and/or business disruptions occur.
- Actively contribute as part of a cross-skilled team, sharing knowledge of on-premise technologies, whilst evolving practical skills in Networking and Cloud Infrastructure
Please see full job description [here]
Experience & Skills
- Solid knowledge of VMware & HP Blades.
- Strong capability with Microsoft Windows Servers & Domains.
- Management capability with Dell Compellent or similar SAN solutions.
- Understanding of Netbackup or similar technologies.
- Experience in one or more scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell)
- Demonstrable understanding of full-stack infrastructure:
- Infrastructure cloud (IaaS) services
- Operating systems (Windows, Linux, Apple IOS)
- Virtualisation & Hypervisors
- Storage and encryption
- IP and virtual networks
Education & Qualifications
- Practical familiarity with ITIL V3
- Virtualization certification (VMware)
- Educated to Bachelor degree level or relevant professional qualification