Posted: 30 Jun 2020 Closes: 30 Jul 2020
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
To provide engineering management of Airwave's IP data networks, ensuring cost effective, reliable systems that perform to customer requirements
Please note, this is initially a Fixed Term Contract (employed) role for 12 Months.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The job holder will provide engineering management of IP data networks to ensure cost effective,
reliable systems that perform to customer requirements and 3rd line technical support on a range of IP, networking and integration issues.
Responsibilities will include:-
- Add/Move/Change implementations on the Airwave Customer Elements (CE) network.
- Supporting third party suppliers and customers during fault diagnostics for system integration
problems, and providing technical guidance to identify resolutions.
- System integration planning and management.
- Working with internal and external component to generate system integration test and implementation plans.
- Implementation of strategic plans for integration and testing services, including the
interpretation of the overall product performance to ensure system requirements are defined
- Verification that Airwave control room services are ready for customer testing.
- Ensuring security integrity of the CE network.
- Providing technical guidance on the viability of integration proposals and their financial
- Conducting feasibility analysis for interface development, configuration, testing and risk
- Management and implementation of integration delivery plans and schedule.
- Customer focus
- Problem solving ability in a technical environment
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Creative and innovative
- Excellent attention to detail and good, accurate numerical and logical skills.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to follow strict procedures to ensure Airwave meet internal and external compliance requirements.
Academic and Technical Qualifications:
- Cisco CCNP certification or equivalent experience.
Other technical expertise, experience and knowledge:
- Experience in a communications engineering environment.
- Excellent technical knowledge of IP networks / addressing and connection rules
- Excellent technical knowledge of IP network fault diagnosis and applicable tools
- Technical awareness and experience of designing, developing and/or implementing
integration and testing methodologies, and resolution of sub-system integration issues with
suppliers and customers.
- Understanding of software development and testing.
- Previous experience of TETRA and other mobile network technologies.
- Understanding of telephony systems.
- Understanding of IT data systems for storage and retrieval.
- Technical knowledge of Airwave networks, and operation of the external interfaces used for
integration of third party supplied IP equipment.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management principles.
Referral Payment Plan