As an Interface Manager at HS2 you will manage key external relationships to ensure that the voices of the organisations that we will work with and impact on, are heard and taken into account as the project moves forward. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
About the role:
- Maintain good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, keeping them informed, facilitating access and avoiding risks to the project.
- Understand the needs of key stakeholders; work with delivery project managers to collate information and produce a management plan for these stakeholder(s), identifying requirements, risks, programme issues, and constraints on construction methodology, environmental and planning interfaces as well as opportunities for issue resolution.
- Work with the Community Engagement and Communications teams to ensure consistent information is being issued and help prepare information and documents for public events and presentations.
- Identify and escalate risks, issues and concerns to project promptly and effectively, and assist the delivery teams in providing mitigation.
- Track and oversee the implementation of any changes to the works or additional requirements identified, including managing the resulting engagement with the programming and cost management functions.
- Research, understand and manage a register of Undertakings and Assurances relevant to your area.
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
- Strong stakeholder management experience mainly focusing on building relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and including but not limited to technical stakeholders.
- Presentation skills, and able to present and manage consistent and coherent messages and information to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Experience of co-ordinating and working with multidisciplinary teams on a variety of issues or projects.
- Experience of commercial negotiations.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.