Intern Engineer (109521)
Posted: 7 Dec 2019 Closes: 11 Feb 2020
Supports the engineering department as directed in regards to updates to the Port Arthur Incinerator facility. Responsible for walking down facility systems and updating Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s). At the direction of immediate supervisor, interfaces with customers and the Oracle Work Asset Management system.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related discipline preferred
- 40 hour HAZWOPER
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Knowledge in processing methodologies
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as directed by supervisor.
- Responsible for accurately walking down and marking up Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s).
- Create changes to AutoCAD drawings.
- Participate in project design development.
- Must be safety conscience and able to follow directions.
- This position works in the facility 75% of the time and in the office 25% of the time.
- Must be able to wear the proper protection equipment for long periods of time.
- Recognize labels and markings.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned.
QualificationsEducation/Experience:• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field; preferably mechanical• High School Diploma and/or G.E.D. equivalent required• Eight to Ten years of mechanical, reliability or related experience• Knowledge as user or super user of OWAMCertification/Licenses:• 40-Hour HAZWOPER training preferredKnowledge, Skills and Ability:• Ability to communicate through reading and writing• Strong team player• Excellent inter personal and communication skills• Time management: ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines• Problem solving, innovation, creativity and continuous improvement• Plans in advance and able to readily accommodate unscheduled events and future developments• Effectively allocates limited resources to optimize business performance
Veolia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JobOperation / Maintenance / Construction Engineer
Primary LocationUnited States-Texas-Port Arthur
Job PostingDec 6, 2019, 10:21:09 PM
Job TypeTemporary Work / Casual -
Education Level A levels / GED / High School Diploma / NCEA level 3 / Leaving Certificate