International Finance Manager
Bulb is an independent energy supplier that provides 100% renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. In 4 years, Bulb has reached over £1.7 billion in annualised revenue and supplies over 1.6 million members.
We have developed a unique model to deliver affordable renewable energy to homes and businesses while, at the same time, giving the best-rated customer service. We achieve this by hiring great people and giving them leverage with great technology.
We are the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status. We believe people are ready for an energy company they can feel good about.
Bulb cares deeply about leading its industry to become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example in this.
It’s an exciting time to join as we continue to grow rapidly in the UK, plus we have recently launched in France, Spain and Texas with lots more international expansion in the pipeline.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to join the finance team at the strategic heart of the UK’s fastest growing company.
We are looking for an accountant who will take responsibility for the financial reporting and management of our growing overseas operations, help improve our financial control processes to be best in class and to provide support to the CFO, the co-founders and the wider senior leadership team.
You will need to have some experience in a commercial environment and have worked with entities in overseas jurisdictions. Experience of SPV accounting and loan covenants will also be a significant plus. This is a great opportunity for a smart, motivated person to turbocharge their career. We are a non-hierarchical environment - if you want to make something happen, the floor is yours. Plus you’ll have regular exposure to the senior leadership team and co-founders from Day 1.
- Work with the three existing overseas businesses to ensure accurate and timely financial and management reporting
- Ensure all tax and legal requirements of overseas entities are fulfilled
- Monitor debt facilities and associated covenants
- Provide support for the set-up and launch of new overseas territories
- Work with third party auditors, legal and tax advisors as required
- Work with the CFO, Group Financial Controller and wider finance team to build scalable, well controlled finance processes to support the future growth plans for the Bulb business
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent)
- Experience of accounting and consolidation for SPV’s and/or overseas entities
- Strong system and data manipulation skills - we use a variety of tools and systems including Xero, NetSuite, Excel, G-Suite, SQL
- Smart, strategic thinker who is great at solving problems (not just ones that involve numbers!)
- Great communication skills and confident working with stakeholders across the business including management
- Able to prioritise a long list of requests into a work plan and manage expectations accordingly
- Team player: you see your work as part of the team’s overall plan, and within that you’re happy either driving your own objectives or supporting team members with theirs
- Ownership mentality: don't just execute what's asked of you, but question whether we've asked you the right question or if it could be done a better way
- Can-do attitude: Bulb is a fast-paced environment and sometimes stressful, you need to be resilient and calm under pressure
A plus but not essential:
- Experience with any of Python, R, Looker, Tableau, Mode, Alteryx, Netsuite, Xero, Junifer
- Experience of payroll processing, accounts payable and reconciliation tools / processes
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy.
- Training budget of £1000 a year, plus five working days to spend on professional or personal development. You can use this for training courses, books or conferences.
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more.
- After a year at Bulb, you can take an additional month of unpaid leave to travel, work on personal projects or simply to recharge and reboot.
- 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
- We all own a bit of Bulb.
- Activities to improve your mental and physical well being including office yoga, meditation and Sanctus coaching.
- Healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.