IP Network Transport Engineer
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
The Emergency Services Network (ESN) Implementation team is responsible for the delivery and mobilisation of the IT Infrastructure and services within the ESN Programme.
Please note: This role is a fixed term contract for 12 months (Employed).
To further strengthen our Infrastructure team with an IP Network Transport Engineering Specialist experienced in Public Safety Critical Services.
• To understand the ESN IP Network Transport Design with an in depth knowledge of IP routing protocols and interfaces.
• To take ownership of any IP Network related issues and be the first point of contact for writing detailed and precise problem statements, reporting observations and raising issues.
• To provide SME expert support to the IP Network technical design authority team during observation and issue resolution.
• Provide support to the Issue Resolution Manager and Test manager to triage any observations and issued raised during testing.
• Understand and ensure the implementation of the ESN Network Security requirements.
• Document changes to as-built network configurations for all network components including switches, routers, load balancers and firewalls.
• Work closely with, and support, Security and Transmission design specialists.
• Work closely with Motorola Solutions product Network Architects to adhere to product guidelines.
• Experience of implementing High Availability and Mission Critical, Disaster Recovery solutions resilient networks.
• Specific expertise with BGP, OSPF, SCTP IP routing Protocols.
• Experience with Extreme, Brocade, Checkpoint, FortiNet and F5 products.
• A proven track record of implementing complex networks including VPNs (IPSec), MPLS, VoIP, remote access, authentication and single sign on.
• An understanding of mobile network technologies and in particular LTE core networks.
• Expertise in defining and documenting detailed network interfaces, system designs and network solutions.
• Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge and experience of Network Management solutions and integration network element managers.
• Understanding of Enterprise IT Security including an awareness of UK NCSC policies.
• Expert knowledge of data centres, routing, switching, managed WAN & LAN design.
Airwave / Motorola is committed to equal opportunities in the work place.