IT Events Support Coordinator
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
In this busy role, you will be responsible for coordinating and resourcing all IT tasks for event days at Wembley Stadium.
Please note this includes working weekends and unsociable hours on event days and can be physically demanding at times.
- Deputise for IT Events Manager in Event Control on event day
- Ensure all PEAP(Pre-event checks) are completed to schedule
- Configuring / managing user accounts for our event day Wi-Fi system
- Liaise with the business, members of the media, event owners, suppliers of IT services and commercial partners to arrange the provision of IT services to stadium events
- Performing checks to ensure ticketing information is valid
- Liaise with Facilities Management team to ensure all third party suppliers of IT Services comply with security and safety processes
- Resource scheduling for all IT aspects of an event prior, during and post event
- Ensuring all IT aspects for Conference and Banqueting events are met
- An awareness of project management processes and controls
- Follow departmental policies and procedures. Update existing documented procedures and contribute new documentation whenever needed.
- Maintaining positive customer relationship
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Needs to be methodical, diligent, and give great attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills under pressure.
- The ability to capture and own issues - escalating only when appropriate.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organisational skills. .
- Must be able to lift small equipment (< 15 kilos).
- Extensive experience of Excel
- High level of numeracy
- Reporting Writing skills
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to create presentations and present to a wide range of key stakeholders
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating systems and Internet browsers.
- Any knowledge on Ticketing or Access Control Applications
- Any events related training
- Basic Project Management skills
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.