IT GDPR Analyst
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
It's an exciting time to be part of the Heathrow team. In June 2018, Parliament gave us the go ahead for Expansion. This isn’t just about a new runway. It’s about transforming the UK’s hub airport and securing the UK’s future place in the world.
This landmark decision will generate economic growth benefits worth up to £187 billion and create up to 180,000 new jobs across the UK. What’s more, it’ll pave the way for new domestic routes and up to 40 new international destinations. Construction will begin in 2021, but the work to make this huge project happen begins now
- To champion GDPR compliance within IT on behalf of CIO, providing assurance to ITLT, Deputy General Counsel and Data Protection Officer.
- Support the Data Protection Officer in response to requests from the Information Commissioner’s Office and third parties on GDPR issues and risks.
- Create and lead a programme of targeted continuous improvement projects to the Heathrow Management System and Information Security Management System to reduce waste, improve business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be the GDPR champion for IT, maintain the IT ROPAs, and work collaboratively with the DPO
- Support the Data Protection Officer in response to requests from the Information Commissioner’s Office and third parties on GDPR issues and risks
- Develop and deliver a portfolio of improvement projects from the Heathrow Management System in liaison with ITLT, Heads of IT, Simpler Heathrow and key stakeholders, proactively identifying specific projects for further study that will improve value, agility and productivity
- Maintain the structure of IT KPIs, looking for opportunities for improvements and enhancements, and develop additional metrics and measures that assesses specific areas of process value and productivity and benefits delivery
- Identify opportunities and help define policies, processes and good practice and to drive learning and best practise throughout IT
- Conduct trend analyses on areas identified for improvement from the Heathrow Management System and develop solutions to implement across the department which result in quantifiable benefits which can be measured and reported back at the ITLT.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience in IT process improvement
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Knowledge of ITIL governance and management systems, incl. ISO27001
- Excellent influencing, communication and stakeholder management skills
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and a share in our success scheme. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
A career with us also means being part of an organisation that cares about the community. Our plan is to meet growing passenger demand in a sustainable way that creates a positive impact on our community – and the environment. That’s why, by 2030, we want at least half of all journeys to the airport to be made by public and sustainable transport. We have a range of initiatives designed to help people to get to and from work sustainably, from subsidised public transport through to car sharing and a Cycle to Work scheme.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to succeed and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow we’re an accessible place to work, driven by inclusivity and celebrating individuality. For more information, please visit our diversity & inclusion page. #LI-POST