IT Infrastructure Architect
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
To provide Technical Architecture support capability, across a wide range of IT Infrastructure initiatives, in support of the existing IT Infrastructure Architecture function.
Please Note this role is a 12 Month FTC with the option to Work From Home.
- Provide Architecture support for a number of significant Airwave IT projects including IT Infrastructure Upgrade, Windows Server 2008 upgrade, MIS network decom, Web Tier upgrade and smaller projects as needed.
- Support IT processes including maintenance of design documentation, system auditing, procurement and disposal of hardware.
- Ensuring that Airwave IT security Policies are fulfilled in the IT systems and contributing to the evolution of those policies as Airwave's business grows.
- Design of IT hardware to support new requirements from across the Airwave business.
- Review of designs for new developments in Airwave to ensure they align with the IT strategy and determine changes required to the IT systems to enable them to be managed.
- Support the hardware element of the IT disaster recovery capability of Airwave IT systems to ensure that the Business Continuity plans can be fulfilled. This includes reviewing the designs from other IT projects to ensure that they confirm with the overall design.
- This is a technical specialist role responsible for solving complex technical problems to provide solutions to meet Airwave's business needs.
Person - Profile:
- Strong IT Infrastructure Architecture skills
- Experience of working in an Enterprise IT environment delivering business critical IT solutions
- Experience of working across multiple projects at the same time
- Self-driven, results oriented, pro-active approach to work
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent problem solving, planning and decision making capabilities
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong experience of establishing, and developing, cross business and external relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
Academic and Technical Qualifications:
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent.
Other technical expertise, experience and knowledge
- Proven track record in the design of IT Infrastructure.
- Excellent documentation, analysis and presentation skills.
- Experience of capturing and refining complex business and system requirements.
- Knowledge and familiarity with formal development methodologies and standards such as PRINCE and ITIL.
- Experience of establishing cross business and external relationships.
- Experience of system testing.
- Detailed knowledge of Hardware infrastructure design (Servers, Routers, Switches, Storage Arrays; Authentication Systems; Web Filtering; Firewalls; Proxies, Virtualisation Technologies; Load Balancing) and integration with business applications.
- Working knowledge of IT security requirements. Particular knowledge of government security requirements would be an advantage.
- Sound Understanding of IT technologies including: Unix/Microsoft O/S, Oracle RDBMS, IP network design, Routing protocols, firewall capabilities, HP Product set, Cisco product set, F5 load balancers, VMWare, MS Azure.
- Working knowledge of Key business processes, and how they are supported by systems (Fault, Provisioning, Performance Management, Configuration Management, Security) encompassing Service Management, Network Management and business systems.